cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ventriss
Journeyman III

RX 6650 XT keeps going to black screen

After recently installing an AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT, the card intermittently stops working and gives me a black screen if I leave it turned on and idle for an hour or so. The monitor shows that it’s getting no signal from the DisplayPort input. I can tell that the system is alive and not hung, e.g., streaming music keeps playing, etc. Nothing restores the card output besides a reboot. When this happens, the PC is always idle/unattended. When I manually set it to sleep (e.g. overnight) it resumes the next day with no problem.

• Win power plan is set to never go to sleep.
  • Tried uninstalling & reinstalling the driver with no luck.
  • Driver version is 31.0.22011.4008. I have only the driver installed, not the utilities.
  • Device Manager shows no issues or conflicts that I can see.
  • Using Win 10 Pro 22H2.
  • Mobo: Asus Z-690 Plus, CPU i5-12600K, RAM 32GB.
  • Before the card arrived I was using onboard graphics for over a month with no glitches, on the same build.

I think other community members have reported similar behavior?

0 Likes
7 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Always list your power supply make and model when listing your PC specs, lol .. 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

It's not the PSU lol ..

0 Likes
radguy88
Adept II

Make sure you try a different display cable or adapter if you're using one. Also eliminate the monitor if you can by trying another one.

Thanks. Swapped out cable and monitor but got the same issue. When I researched deeper I learned about the bug in AMD software affecting this card series. Hoping that future versions will address although AMD hasn't fixed it over multiple releases

0 Likes
ulieq
Adept III

turn off sleep.  6650 is not compatible until a driver fix is released

0 Likes

Sleep was already turned off. (Power & Sleep settings > Sleep > Never)  Is there a setting somewhere else that also needs to be made?

0 Likes
Ventreeche
Journeyman III

Ok man, IS that thd last version of your drivers ? If yes, i'v got the same prob, and i didnt find any solution, i just wait the next version of AMD drivers... Sad 

0 Likes