cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

GoldenGun
Journeyman III

RX 6600XT Artifacting on second monitor

Hey, so recently I swapped my 1660 super to a RX 6600xt, and I've noticed annoying green artifacts on my second monitor when alt tabbing between apps, I've noticed it happening especially when the app on my main monitor is on either borderless windowed or full screen but it also happens on a non full screen app but it happens less often.

I have used ddu and safe boot to fully clean any old drivers and even went as far as to tick the option to prevent windows update from searching for drivers, the green artifacts only occur on my second monitor which is on hdmi and not on my main monitor which is on DisplayPort.

So far its either i messed up something when swapping cards or for some reason the hdmi cable doesnt play nicely with the new gpu, as on the 1660 super i had no such artifacts so I don't really know what could be causing this.

8 Replies
Luneko
Journeyman III

Hi, I believe I have the same or atleast a similiar issue.

I have an issue with my 2nd monitor glitching out / showing artifacts when a game is open on my main screen. It also happens ocassionally when a video is playing. GPU usage does not matter. When the glitching happens the screen is also unresponsive for the amount of time the error is on screen. So far I was also only able to reproduce the issue when actually doing something on the 2nd monitor.

Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pCyLxYLsc
It is pretty tame in the video, sometimes it goes completely crazy.

My specs:
OS - Windows 11 Pro
GPU - XFX Radeon RX 6900XT MERC319 BLACK 16GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
1st Screen - ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQDM
2nd Screen - ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q (This one is having the issue)

Things I have already tried:
- Changed Monitor PSU
- Changed DisplayPort Cable
- Tried HDMI with same issue happening
- Switch Ports on GPU
- Cleaned and reseated GPU
- Removed GPU drivers (DDU) and reinstalled
- Try different refresh rate
- Disable freesync (only supported by 1st screen)

SpaceX
Journeyman III

I have the same problem friend with my RX 6600 of 1 month of use, after several searches and tests like yours, I say that the problem is 100% **bleep** AMD drivers, I tried driver 22.3.1 which is from last year and I confirm that the green flashes on the screen completely disappear, it is sad that AMD has such bad drivers having good GPUs, we just have to wait for them to fix the problem, I was scared at first and said "I can't believe this GPU is practically new and it's already broken", I only have to try the beta drivers.

I tried driver 22.3.1 as you said and It worked...AMD should take care of it drivers.

Now I know why youtubers love AMD graphics but hate their drivers...

Bro so many ignorant things with this comment it's laughable, you guys are CLOWNS and I'll break down why.

1) If you watch ANY reputable YouTuber, they will tell you that AMD doesn't have all of these "driver issues" and those issues were from the 500/5000 series cards and NOT the 6000 series cards and NOT in 2023. I have had more issues with nvidia than I have with AMD when it comes to drivers.

2) "after several searches and tests like yours, I say that the problem is 100% **bleep** AMD drivers" - The fact that you think because you read some nonsense online and read some reddit posts about it and you can say something as IGNORANT as "100% AMD Drivers" is just such a joke it's not even funny.

So you rolled back your driver version and got a better result, and somehow this is indicative of AMD not having good drivers? Are you actually stupid? YOU ARE USING AN AMD DRIVER, THEY ARE ALL AMD DRIVERS, and it's working just fine. AMD should "take care of it's drivers"? Why? because YOU are experiencing an issue?

Do you have ANY idea how to use a PC? How things work at all? Because if the driver doesn't work right, you are SUPPOSED to roll back the driver to an earlier version. Not every driver update is going to perform exactly the same on every card.

0 Likes

First of all, your comment is very disrespectful and you would be more of a clown and stupid, my brother. I see that part of the comment you make is because of my statement, a statement that I make for my own reasons. tests, not through reddit or any of the stupid things you say, if the AMD community reads your comment they would destroy you in a second, AMD drivers are not bad but they are not perfect either,Don't stop coming with your lack of respect to criticize the comments of other users based on your arrogance and believing yourself to be a NASA engineer.

0 Likes
Luneko
Journeyman III

Do you guys happen to use different refresh rates on both monitors?

I figured out for me that the issue stops if I set both of my screens to 120hz. Usually my main screen is at 240hz.
Unfortunately this is not a solution to me since I do not want to use only "half" of what my screen can do.

I have the same problem as you I think I tested it out and when I have my main display at 144 hz and I try to tab out or watch Netflix on my second monitor it will artifact but when I cap the refresh rate to 60hz it won’t . Has amd said anything about the problem? ( I have a 6950 xt)

0 Likes

My side monitor is a 60 hz display, so I can't do that lol.

0 Likes