cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Immortadell
Journeyman III

RX 6600 XT fan speed headache - SW or HW problem?

Hi guys. I recently got a new ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger D OC. I love this card - it's efficient and fast. However there is a one minor problem with my card. I'm unable to set fan speed lower, than +-1440 RPM in the Radeon Software. From the videos I saw on youtube it looks like it should be possible to set the fan speed lower.

My manual fan curve in the advanced control is set to the minimum 20% RPM (30-80°C) and SW is reporting +-1440 RPM (which simply means 20% fan speed = +-1440 RPM acording to the Radeon SW). I believe this card shouldn't spin this fast at 20% fan speed. I noticed GPU-Z (as well as AB) is reporting (probably) right fans speed percentage for this RPM which is 43%. 

When I use Zero rpm mode, the speed changes from 0 straight to 1440 when sufficient temperature is reached.

I have tried both 22.2.3 Optional and 21.10.2 Recommended (WHQL) SW revision numbers, Windows is up to date, MoBo has the latest bios installed.

So my questions are: why is there a difference between reported fan speeds (in %) in different softwares? Is it a card or software problem? How to set minimum fan speed RPM to let's say 800 RPM? Can somebody please help?

Thanks a lot!

Snímka obrazovky 2022-03-07 230305.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rsever
Journeyman III

Hi.

I have same problem with my XFX Quick 308 6600 XT.   Did you fix it?

0 Likes

Well, kinda.

I sold my RX 6600 XT and bought RX 6700 XT  

0 Likes