cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BUBBLEGUM846
Journeyman III

Rx 6600 artefacts that have been getting gradually worse. Is my graphics card about to die?

So this started a couple months ago, my mouse cursor would have these weird ‘symbols’ above it when playing full screen on Roblox or the ps3 emulator and then a while later GTA V started having this, just noticeable, flashing, like there was lightening but there wasn’t and when I would power my pc off the loading circle wouldn’t move but it would flicker weirdly

Then more recently I was playing minecraft bedrock edition with my brother and nephew and all of a sudden my graphics were all stretched out and triangulated, you know what I mean? It wasn’t like this on their screen and I just assumed my game had glitched or got corrupted somehow

And then yesterday my poor graphics card hit its peak, minecraft (Java edition) crashed and I thought it was a normal crash, I was playing a pre-release version so it’s not unusual, but then all these green/multicoloured squares appeared all over my screen and so I powered my pc off in fear xD

I turned my pc back on and it seemed fine, event viewer said nothing, minecraft logs said even more nothing, assumed it was a freak thing and went on Google, then it crashed again, purple squares, only a few at first and then the full screen and then only the mouse. After a few minutes it went black and I could see it was trying to find signal and then it came back to my login page, it restarted itself. 

I checked event viewer again, this time “fatal hardware failure” and “failed to load driver wudfrd” - pc crashed and restarted again

I think it did it one or two more times before AMD adrenaline managed to save it from another crash, I downloaded ddu fast and booted into safe mode

DDU done and now to install the drivers, I got the latest ones but now I think I may have to try others, everything installed normally, no artefacts, pressed restart to finish the installation then immediate coverage of screen in multicoloured squares, it froze again and it rebooted into a BSOD no error code except a pretty generic 0xc00000001, BSOD had some white “ladders” as artefacts too - login screen doesn’t have the artefacts and they only appear after like 10 minutes of the pc being on, also there’s no beeps…yet

Ive since powered the pc off in search of a fix or a definitive answer. 

Can anyone give me some things to try? No bandaid solutions please, I want my graphics card to work at the same settings it did before, default. And if it can’t then I have my old 1050ti to use

I’ve never OC’d anything and my RAM was tested with the windows testing program recently, I dont have a spare usb stick to format for memtest.

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
0 Replies