cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

saadfk
Journeyman III

rx 6600 and multiple screen limitations ?

Hi i have an AMD RADEON RX 6600 running 4 screens

the 4th screen to be linked always seems to have low resolution issue, crisp image and i don't know how to fix it or if it's fixable.

I played around settings all I could, I bought the most expensive 8K cables I could find

(3 DPI ports and 1 HDMI port on the card)

can this be fixed or is there some limitation on the card for multiple screens that i'm not aware of.

===

DXDIAG parts

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: LG ULTRAGEAR

Monitor Id: GSM773B

Native Mode: 2560 x 1080(p) (143.945Hz)

Output Type: Displayport External

Monitor Model: LF24T450F

Monitor Id: SAM7096

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Monitor Model: 32M1C5500V

Monitor Id: PHLC29C

Native Mode: 2560 x 1440(p) (59.951Hz)

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )

Monitor Model: LG ULTRAWIDE

Monitor Id: GSM7770

Native Mode: 2560 x 1080(p) (59.978Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_NONGDI

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alptechexpert
Adept II

The AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card is designed to support multiple displays and should handle four screens without significant issues. However, there are a few potential limitations and factors that could be causing the resolution issue on your fourth screen:

Bandwidth Limitation: The RX 6600 has a certain bandwidth limit for its DisplayPort 1.4a and HDMI™ 2.1 ports. If the combined resolution and refresh rate of your four monitors exceed this limit, it could result in lower resolutions being enforced on one or more displayshttps://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6600.

DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST): If you're using daisy-chaining through DisplayPort MST to connect multiple monitors, ensure that all monitors and the GPU support the required resolutions and refresh rates through MST.

Monitor Configuration: Make sure that the monitor with the issue is configured correctly in your operating system's display settings. It should be set to its native resolution and refresh rate.

Driver and Software Settings: Outdated or improperly configured drivers can cause display issues. Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed and that the AMD Radeon Software settings are correctly configured for a multi-monitor setup https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-rx/radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-r....

Hardware Faults: There could be a fault with the HDMI port on your graphics card or an issue with the monitor itself. Testing with alternative hardware can help isolate the problem.

Operating System Support: Ensure that your operating system is up to date and properly supports multi-display setups. Some OS updates may improve compatibility with high-resolution multi-monitor configurations.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alptechexpert
Adept II

The AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card is designed to support multiple displays and should handle four screens without significant issues. However, there are a few potential limitations and factors that could be causing the resolution issue on your fourth screen:

Bandwidth Limitation: The RX 6600 has a certain bandwidth limit for its DisplayPort 1.4a and HDMI™ 2.1 ports. If the combined resolution and refresh rate of your four monitors exceed this limit, it could result in lower resolutions being enforced on one or more displayshttps://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6600.

DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST): If you're using daisy-chaining through DisplayPort MST to connect multiple monitors, ensure that all monitors and the GPU support the required resolutions and refresh rates through MST.

Monitor Configuration: Make sure that the monitor with the issue is configured correctly in your operating system's display settings. It should be set to its native resolution and refresh rate.

Driver and Software Settings: Outdated or improperly configured drivers can cause display issues. Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed and that the AMD Radeon Software settings are correctly configured for a multi-monitor setup https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-rx/radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-r....

Hardware Faults: There could be a fault with the HDMI port on your graphics card or an issue with the monitor itself. Testing with alternative hardware can help isolate the problem.

Operating System Support: Ensure that your operating system is up to date and properly supports multi-display setups. Some OS updates may improve compatibility with high-resolution multi-monitor configurations.

0 Likes

thanks for responding.

1. Not using an MST, all of them are connected with very expensive 8K /4K cables via the native ports on the card

2. All screens are set to Native res + refresh as you can see from my DXDIAG log above. Reducing them doesn't fix it
3. didn't do anything for me , i just did now
4. doubt that i've switched the ports and it's always the last one to be branched that doesn't work well. 

PLEASE HELP :'(

0 Likes