Graphics Cards

Aqib333
Journeyman III

Rx 580 8gb temperature

What is the maximum temperature of xfx rx 580 8gb in gaming 

2 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Are you asking what is the max junction temp for the GPU? Around 110°C is where it will start to throttle or exhibit issues.

Or are you asking what temp an XFX RX 580 should be when gaming? Since board partners use different cooling solutions your card isn't directly comparable to a reference card or other makes/models, and different game loads will cause different temperatures also. So it depends.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

In normal conditions an AMD reference design RX580 single fan blower style will get pretty hot, like 85ºC ish
A colleague of mine had to lower the clock and undervolt it just to keep it alive.

AIB cards will have a more adequate cooler/fans design and they should average less, for comparison, a Republic of Gamers design will keep the card well under 70ºC even overclocked to insanity.

I couldn't find the maximum operating temperature but keep it bellow 85ºC in my opinion. Have a look if your model has two separated temperatures in adrenalin but I believe the Polaris cards only have a single temperature reading.

Can you tell us your card temperature and clock speeds?

The Englishman