cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

william142
Journeyman III

RX 580 8GB "No Signal"

Hello, purchased an RX 580 8GB Sapphire. I have had it for about three months working fine and dandy, but today I powered it on: GPU fans spun, motherboard lit up, etc etc. Yet I received "NO SIGNAL" on my monitor.

-Specific GPU: Graphics Card

-Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
-Motherboard: MSI B150A
-Power Supply: EVGA 600W

I have tried switching the HDMI cables along with switching which ports they were plugged into (both the monitor's and the GPU's), switched the port that the GPU was plugged into on the motherboard, and I have taken out the GPU entirely to switch over to the motherboards integrated graphics. The integrated graphics booted-up normally and works fine, just whenever I attempt to use the GPU I get the same result of "NO SIGNAL" on my monitor even though the graphics card physically seems to be operating normally. As I said before, the last three months it has worked sufficiently without any issue. Thanks for any help or advice offered in advance and let me know if you need any more details. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
bretzel
Adept I

Hello!
Same for me, try to unplug/ plug the cable.

0 Likes

Hi yes, I have unplugged the AC power from the PC multiple times, especially when taking out the GPU itself to switch to integrated. No luck. Still ceases to display anything upon bootup. Thanks!

0 Likes

have you powered down the machine completely? That might correct a fault.

0 Likes

I have powered down the PC and unplugged the AC powercord to the PC and even held down the power button of the PC while unplugged for 10 seconds. I placed the videocard back in. No luck. I have also attempted this with the video card already installed and still...no luck. Thank you! 

0 Likes

do you have another machine to test the card in?

0 Likes

Unfortunately not, no. Sorry! 

0 Likes

take the card back to the store and ask them to test it

it might be the card has failed

0 Likes
danbrown24
Journeyman III

Try to test the card on a different rig. it can also be a problem with the monitor

0 Likes