cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Alwaysantunes
Journeyman III

Rx 5700xt black screencrashing

So my issue is as follows when i boot up my pc with peripherals connected the gpu(rx 5700XT) becomes extremely loud and i get a black sreen which forces me to manually reboot the pc,
When the gpu starts working(when i launch a game) the black screen happens and forces me to manually reboot i have made sure everything is connected properly my psu is 650w so i dont think its a psu problem i have deleted and reinstalled all the drivers using ddu what should i do, does my motherboard(asus tuf B550 wifi II) need a bios update before i can use the card?

0 Likes
1 Reply
RPX100
Miniboss

@Alwaysantunes hey there and welcome to AMD community forums.

Please have a look into this topic I made:
RX 5000 series crash types and reasons 

Even more details and fine tuning info can be seen here:
RX 5700 XT daily crashes (and how to fix them) 

the short answer is:
AMD is trying to compete with nvidia by overclocking your card via the default driver settings.
Your card is running higher voltages and higher frequencies, than tested and confirmed by manufacturer.

If you want to have a stable GPU with no crashes, then you have to manually enable the fine tuning
and type in the custom voltages and frequencies, of your make and model.

I can personally recommend 1840 MHz @ 1050 mV for most RX 5700 XT GPUs.
Make sure to also adjust your fan curve: default fan curve might be too slow and leads to overheating.

Your aim is to keep memory (VRAM) temps below 75°C and GPU core temp below 90°C under heavy load.

--
let me know if you need further assistance.

cheers

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes