Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Alkoryon
Journeyman III

RX 5700 xt sapphire 8gb nitro+ high temperature while Idle

Hello

I've got a little problem with my GPU, on the desk it runs at 50°C and increases slowly until 59°C until the fans start up and decreases to 50°C
The VRAM clock is constantly around 1748 MHz with a 60 fps monitor and a Vram at 634 Mo (i don't know if those informations can help).

I bought this GPU in the very beginning of 2020 and it never passed the 53-54°C when idle

Also, there is a coil whining even when my pc is idle and all of those problems wasn’t there before (something like a few days).

I didn’t even touch the parameters in the amd adrenalin for overclocking etc… I don’t really have the knowledge for that

Is my GPU dying or not ?

NB : i installed 2 updates very recently for the amd software adrenalin, maybe the last update changes some settings ?
i didn't really found any solutions for my problem so i'm asking here

Thanks all by advance for your advice

EDIT : !!!!!!!
The problem is isolved, it seems that there was a parameter checked in the "streaming section of adrenalin software. i disbaled the "record desktop" option in "Record and stream" for unknown reasons it pushes your Vram clock to its max value (1750 for me) and never go down. Without the record desktop i'm at 200hz

hope it will help some lad

0 Replies