cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fujoncama
Journeyman III

Rx 5700 XT Green Screen crash

ive been using a rx 5700 xt for a while and 2 days ago i got my first green screen crash while playing Csgo, didnt think much of it until last night when green screen crashes happened regularly to the point that i couldnt open browser bc it would throw a green screen. I must mention that temperatures during gaming in 4k res medium were normal, 70-72 C.

also, im using a seasonic focus 550W GOLD power supply but i doubt this is the issue

and yes, it is out of warranty, luckly i got a gtx 1070

I tried changing the driver to 19.12.1 and only the driver

• changed PCIE in BIOS from auto to Gen 3

• put a fresh new windows install ( it seems that once i install amd drivers the green screen crashes happen

• disabled hard acc in firefox

• changed hdmi cable

• changed PCIE power cables

-Yes, also did DDU

dont know what else to do, other than sell it as 'broken'.

0 Likes
2 Replies
henceforthsolutions
Journeyman III

It seems that you have already tried many troubleshooting steps to address the green screen crashes on your RX 5700 XT. It's good that you checked the temperatures and made some changes in the BIOS settings. Since the issue still occurs after a fresh Windows installation and driver updates, it's possible that there is a hardware problem with your GPU. You mentioned that it is out of warranty, so it might be worth considering a replacement if the issue persists. 

For affordable web and mobile app development services and award-winning solutions, visit: https://henceforthsolutions.com/ecommerce-marketplace-development/ 

0 Likes
vevi33
Adept I

Have you tried disabling MPO? It can cause many similar issues with AMD on Windows.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157

You can use this and restart the pc after the regedit.

Also monitor the temps and run OCCT GPU and VRAM stress tests, hopefully it won't throw any errors.

0 Likes