cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

temujinkan1
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Black screen and lack of transparency!

Okay all we got from your driver website is a  "known issue":   Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.

This does not work for everyone.  So how about some other temporary fixes?

Looks like you need to have us roll back to an old driver....How about telling us which one works! and how it's done?

Do you not care that everyone is running around doing all these foolish fixes such as reinstalling windows, buying new RAM, buying a new PSU.  The list goes on......What a waste of time...Do you all sit back and laugh at the Radeon customers when you all know the real truth??  I think you would have more business if you would just come clean and confess you have problems? Or would that cause your stock to go down?

The customers expect an answer and not some band-aid fix.   Either recall all the cards or give us some discounts or give something to compensate for the crap you are releasing.  Maybe spend less time on a new UI which no one gives a crap about and focus on drivers that work.  

I'm going to petition my state legislature to start requiring more government legislation regulation for companies like AMD that think it's allowable to treat their customers like children and not be held accountable for their business practices.  We pay a small for fortune for these cards and deserve better customer service!  BTW I submitted a RMA and this will be my last Radeon card.   Others may be happy to let this despicable lack of quality control to go without action but I don't tolerate it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Journeyman III

Try to use driver version 19.12.1 The latest version that works correctly on 5700xt

0 Likes

I tried 19.12.1 drivers last night. I used DDU to remove the newest

driver. I installed the 19.12.1 without the GUI. Played BF5 for about 2-3

hrs with no black screen. Let’s hope this will last. Hope it helps others.

0 Likes