cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nicoweikii
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT / 30 FPS AND TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE.

Hi everyone !

I just updated my 5700 XT card a few weeks ago.  I updated from 22.8.1 to 22.8.2 The performance was so bad that games like GTA 5 were running at 30fps on very high settings. CS GO runs with a performance of 116fps when before the update the performance was more than 200fps.  Try absolutely EVERYTHING on this list: 

Go into the Motherboard Bios and make sure you have the recent AGESA/Bios update for your mainboard installed.

Very important: Make sure you select the PCI Express 3 interface. A lot of people had issues when the setting is on Auto or PCI Express 4. It seems that Windows doesnt know what to do under load when the setting is on Auto/PCI Express 4.

Very important: Always make a clean install of the Adrenalin Driver. Install and run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). After that install the newest driver 19.7.2

If fix Nr. 3 didnt work for you try to install the driver via Windows Device Manager/Windows Update after you ran DDU.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE MSI AFTERBURNER. DONT LET IT RUN IN THE BACKGROUND. DONT EVEN OPEN IT! (Credits to reddit User zqz110110)

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: DO NOT RUN ANY CPU, GPU MONITORING SOFTWARE IN THE BACKGROUND AT ALL! IF YOU WANT TO SEE FPS, USE STEAM, UPLAY, ORIGIN etc. They all conflict to the new RDNA architecture. (Credits to reddit User zqz110110)

Disable Freesync. Disabling this option fixed a lot of game crashes for people.

Disable Anti-Lag. Same as Nr. 5. This option caused various problems.

Important: Run CCleaner to clean your registry and reboot your system after that

Do a factory reset of the Adrenalin Software and then restart your computer.

If the game you're playing does not cap fps in menus it may cause a crash, get around this by turning on vsync or setting a frame limit. Undervolting can help in these situations as well 

Set your freesync range on your monitor - when set to “basic” I had constant crashes. “Extended” and I can play for hours. (Credits to reddit user _DuranDuran_)

GPU temperature is normal. there is no problem with that.

I don't know what to do and I don't really want to install windows again ( I use windows 10).

Thank you for reading! 

0 Likes
0 Replies