cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

arghque
Journeyman III

RX 5500 XT and 120 Hz via DVI-D

Video card is PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT.
The problem is that after connecting via DVI-D there is no possibility to set 120 Hz on my BenQ XL2411T monitor. At the same time with the old video card I use (7850) everything works perfectly, 120 Hz is applied automatically after rebooting the system. The same goes for another video card I have - r9 390, 120 Hz works fine.

Another thing is that with new RX 5500 XT colors are much more pale and faded compared to both old video card I have. I have tried clean installation both drivers - for the monitor and video card - to no avail, the problem remains. Any other connection is unavailable to me, since the monitor has only old hdmi, which is not compatible with 120 Hz.

Is there a solution to the problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies

DVI has been officially unsupported by AMD, nVidia, and Intel for years, so any integrated DVI support comes from the board partners at their discretion. Looking at the model specs for your card, it lists its DVI capability at single link, which limits it to 60hz.

As for colors, you can adjust it in Radeon Settings, or in your monitor's OSD.

Thank you very much for the information. It is unfortunate that the retailer didn't mention this feature and I didn't search technical description elsewhere before buying.

0 Likes