Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Journeyman III

RX 470 Crossfire not working properly

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a second RX 470 to add to my current one. However I don't think the crossfire is working correctly.

Both cards are recognized by the system, both cards show temperature, core usage, clock speeds.

Both cards also go to 100% usage when I f.e. do a benchmark in a game, however I don't seem to get any performance boost at all in any game.

Both cards are clocking at their max, both are at maximum gpu usage but I get the same, if not worse performance than with a single card (f.e. in Far cry 5 I got worse performance than with only a single one enabled) (In the 1080p benchmark at ultra I get around 64fps with a single card and 60 or less with duals)

Tested games so far Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Far Cry 5, Far Cry 4, (Furmark)

I know it is enabled as in game I usually get the AMD CrossfireX symbol in the top right.

It shouldn't be a cpu bottleneck as that is running at about 60% load in these games (Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 on an ASRock H87 Performance)

The ONLY game out of my entire library I got a performance boost at all in was Tomb Raider 2013. I tried Driver reinstalls, I updated to the Optional driver and tried the stable release too, I also tried an older Adrenalin driver but none fixed this. I'm really hoping to get any help on this as this is driving me crazy right now

I forgot to add, the temps on both cards stay under 70°C ingame

Edit: I'm still having the issue. The GPU usage on both cards is never the same and is never high on both. They seem to switch around which card renders which frame, which means that in one second one of the gpus is at 99% and the other is at 1%, the next second it's the other way around, or some number in between

0 Replies