Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kwant02
Journeyman III

RT 7800 XT can’t use hdmi AND display port

Hi,

I today just got the 7800 and can’t get it to work properly. I have installed many versions of the drivers and reinstalled windows in both 10 and 11.

When in the setting up process of windows my display port monitor is used for setting things up. I also can enter the bios with that monitor. But as soon as windows itself is completely loaded my HDMI screen takes over and the DisplayPort screen keeps getting black screen and flickering saying no input.

in windows monitors I can see that both screens are being detected.

Please help I don’t know what to do anymore and am considering returning the GPU.

Edit: I forgot to mention when I have a fresh windows installed the display port works but the HDMI doesnt, the moment I install the drivers it switches to hdmi working and displayport not working

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

You don't mention what 7800 XT card you have, but there's probably more than one DP port, did you try switching ports?

When you open Adrenalin software, does it detect both displays?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
Kwant02
Journeyman III

Hey, yes I friend the different ports on the GPU

I have this one: Powercolor Hellhound AMD Radeon RX 7800 xt

0 Likes

And in Windows, Settings, System, Display you said it detects both monitors. When you Identify it should show a 1 on one and 2 on the other. Are the monitors set to the correct input?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Hi, yes they are.

0 Likes