Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

superleetasd
Journeyman III

Red Devil 6900XT CS GO problem

Hello

I just did upgrade from 2080ti to 6900xt and my cs go fps went from 240 (limited) to 40 - 60 (unstable , shuttering) . Monitor is G9 5120 x 1440 and CPU is 7900x intel. Every other game i tested was ok (RDR2, F12020, HRZD). But cs go is messed up. I did use lastest drivers provided by AMD.

I havent got AMD gpu 10+ years so can someone save me a lot of time and help me. Is there any gpu setting\fix i should use ? Only thing i did was setting radeon settings to gaming mod. No overclock etc. 

I did try it with and without freesync. Same problem.

No other hardware was changed , only 2080ti to 6900xt. Used DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers.

Things i havent done yet.

Format the whole system

Used older drivers , did use 21.2.3 .

Any ideas?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Roil
Journeyman III

Same problem i think. I have 5950X + 4x8Gb 3600 CL18 + 6900XT Red Devil, and cybersport settings + 1024x768 resolution and fixfps 400, unstable 400 with drop under 200FPS, and long load (minimum twice longer than on Nvidia) when i change server by console.

P.S.

It works even worthe than 1070Ti....

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

i don't play CS GO , so i can't test it for myself but with some older games I ve seen that I have to raise "minimum frequency" to something near "maximum frequency" in wattman, if you didn't try that already

0 Likes
superleetasd
Journeyman III

Now i did format the whole system and problem still present. Most of the maps are low fps but some of them are 400 fps. With 2080ti all maps were high fps. Mby valve are using different technique to build their maps but its a weird thing. I know lower end cards preform different on newer maps but its a high end gpu and dust2 fps 50-120 is not normal.

0 Likes
WMipv6
Journeyman III

Hello there! 

It's been few months, have you found a solution?

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x with an MSI Motherboard MEG Unify x570, I had an Nvidia GTX 660, which I replaced now by a MSi Gaming Trio Z 6900XT, and while playing CS GO, the performance is not there... I see teering and FPS drops. and the GPU Frenquency doesn't seem to go over 500Mhz.

I can provide more details and reports if required.

Thank you!

0 Likes