Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

khalil_hef
Journeyman III

Randoms BSODs Lenovo Laptop

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6, type 82K2 (82K2021XFG). After one month of use, I started experiencing random BSODs with various bug codes such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION NTFS.sys, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY ntoskrnl.exe, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED NETIO.sys, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED tcpip.sys, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED amdppm.sys & cng.sys, and Memory management. These BSODs occur randomly, sometimes only when I'm on the desktop or browsing files.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

- Running sfc /scannow, chkdsk, and DISM commands—none of which fixed the issue.
- Testing memory with MemTest86, AIDA64, and Windows Memory Diagnostic—all tests returned 0 issues.
- Stress testing CPU, GPU, Wi-Fi, and SSD using Cinebench, AIDA64, and FurMark—again, no issues were found.
- Running Lenovo Vantage Hardware Scan and the full Lenovo Diagnostics evolution—all checks passed without any errors or BSODs during operations.
- Downgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Home with a fresh install and BSODs still occurred after installing drivers from lenovo drivers website.

I noticed that when I disabled the AMD Vega iGPU and switched to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the BSODs stopped, and the PC ran without any issues for four months. However, Windows animations became slow, and YouTube videos had image and sound sync issues. When I re-enabled the AMD Vega iGPU, the BSODs returned, and the PC stuttered when scrolling pages. Despite running Lenovo Diagnostics evolution to test the AMD iGPU for two hours, which showed the GPU working fine during stress tests without BSODs,

the BSODs still occur randomly after all these tests.

I found a solution by modifying the registry: navigating to regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > services > AmdPPM and setting start = 4.

After this change, the BSODs stopped.

I am unsure why my PC is experiencing these issues when everything else seems fine.

Lenovo ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6 type 82k2
BIOS: H3CN46WW(V3.04) the only and latest bios in the website
120HZ Display 1080p
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H
16GO ram (8x2) 3200
NVIDIA RTX 3050TI
AMD VEGA IGPU
512 SSD

0 Likes
1 Reply
khalil_hef
Journeyman III