cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Warnpce
Adept I

Random Freezes 6800

I'm having an issue thats been happening since I bought the card. My PC will randomly freeze. When I say random I mean random. I can freeze upwards of 3 times a day and random times for multiple days, once a say for multiple days, every couple of days once or more, or not for weeks on end. It's super random and happens when I'm doing nothing or the usual (Playing Escape from Tarkov with Discord open, or adding on streaming, just running mtg arena by itself). It's triggering becuase I've tried so many different things and don't/can't RMA it because it costs me money for them to fix there problem. I have upgraded my ram (4 sticks of 8gb |32 total| 3000hz up to 2 stick of 16gb |32gb total| 3600hz), I also upgraded my MOBO (Off the top of my head I had a Pro wifi rev 1.0 or something like that now i'm up to a b450 tomahawk). Nothing's overheating (or even getting close) even under peak load. I tested my PSU to make sure i'm drawing the proper volts from the wall. Everything is normal. I even switched GPU's with my both my brothers. 1 had a 3090 and the other had an 6950 xt. I didnt have an issue with the 3090. I had a different issue with the 6950 xt. one time it just randomly restarted 3 times. Both of the GPU's I had for about a week. I have tried several different things like turning of the amd oc thing in the bios (or on? I can't remember). I have tried Overclocking my GPU, Undervolting it, I can't remember everything i've tried. I need help.

When I mean freeze, I mean I can hear people having a conversation in discord, music playing in the background but everything is frozen. Game, stream, webcam, mouse cursor, everything but audio. Requires a forced restart via button. Can't ctl|alt|dlt, can't refresh the drovers. nothing.

3 Replies
Travisco
Adept I

I am having a similar problem with my RX 6800XT. At some random points, independend from wattage, fps or anything, my game gets stuck and a auto jitter where a flick of a second repeats very quickly for a moment. But as soon as I tab out and back in again (yes I can) everything works fine again until it stutters the next time. Not sure if we have a similar problem. Your‘s seems a bit different

0 Likes

nah... mine is very different... the only fix is to hard restart the pc... cant alt tab or anything...

0 Likes
skankhunt420
Journeyman III

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Only hard reset helps. I have tried so many ways to find a solution. This is pain. 100% pain. But perhaps, change to PRO drivers. 

I had peace with it for about 4 months. Then I could no longer play with the driver version. Now I do not know if it works. Currently, I use Adrenalin 23.10.2 and my PC froze again yesterday.

In the meantime, have you found a solution?

0 Likes