cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sabz
Adept I

Random black screen rx 6600

Greetings,recently i got a new pc and i got myself a amd rx 6600 graphics card,when i want to game something or just watch you tube videos i get black screen for a few seconds,i read many forums (hardware acceleration,etc) and tried to fix the issue but issue still persisted,is it possible to fix it or that someone updates on this issue,id be thankful for any kind of info.

I have an intel i5 generation 12

8 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

You could try running the program called DDU to remove all past/present GPU drivers (AMD and Nvidia) .. reboot .. and THEN install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

Go to Intel.com and run their driver update utility to make sure all your Intel bits and pieces are up to date

Make sure your BIOS is up to date on your motherboard

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I did all that already,issue still persists.

0 Likes
GasikG
Adept II

HDMI or DP use? Check both please.

0 Likes
papvas
Adept I

Try driver 22.5.1 to see if the issue goes away. I suspect this is the usual issue that AMD hasn't resolved yet with drivers giving a black screen to the RX 6000 series. I have the same problem, but unfortunately, the black screen won't go away for me until I reboot the whole system manually. Most of the games I play are recent and I have terrible FPS in 22.5.1 but what can I do, if wanting system stability this driver is the only one that doesn't give me a black screen.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
= R5 5600 = 6700XT = B450 = 16Gb@3000Mhz = 750W =

Tried this with the driver removal tool that an earlier user mentioned, also just for s**ts and giggles uninstalled all earlier drivers, issue still persists.

did amd adress this? did they say they are gonna patch this soon?

0 Likes
papvas
Adept I

Also, try disabling the Multi-Plane overlay some suggested that fixed issues with black screen, stuttering or flickering, worth a try.

Here is how to disable it, courtesy of nvidia, where it also caused some flickering and stuttering issues:

(Nvidia Website MPO disable) 

They provide a .reg file to make the change for you to disable it or restore it, but if you'd rather do it by hand the key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm, create DWORD OverlayTestMode with value 00000005.

0 Likes

that didnt work either, but thanks for the reply!

0 Likes

Well as a last resort also try massively undervolting and underclocking your GPU from Radeon settings might be worth a try. That did the trick for me at least and I didn't have any black screens so far even with the latest drivers I think I only lost 5%-10% FPS total which I'll take every day for stability. I am at 2350MHz on the clock and 1100mV on Voltage in my card (MSI 2X mech 6700XT) I don't know which one you have but tinker around with underclock and undervolt and let me know how it goes, good luck!

0 Likes