Radeon RX 7900XTX Call of Duty Caldera FPS drop / stuttering

PC spec : CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
GPU: AMD RX 7900-XTX
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
RAM: Kingston KF560C36-16 2x16GB
MBD: Asus PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI
DISPLAY: Philips 27M1F5500P/00 1440p 240Hz Nano IPS

Hi everyone. I play 3 games right now: Call of duty MW2 + Warzone 2.0, Battlefield 2042 and Call of Duty MW1 Warzone Caldera. The problem only exists in Caldera. The game stuttering and FPS drops from 230 to 130 every 5 seconds. The more action on the screen the worse it gets. It's a newly built PC with no tweaks although I tried to undervolt/overclock and numerous solutions found on internet but it didn't fix the problem. I also used every single 3D mark stress test and I had no issues or crashes. It seems like it's purely In game or driver Issue. 

Here's link with the short videos.

https://youtu.be/VOs_qBmyEVw

https://youtu.be/I2Ehq2Zw4a8

https://youtu.be/zQwlDgXlc4M

I'm quite disappointed at this point as after over 20 years being loyal to Intel and Nvidia I decided to go against all odds and trust AMD. As soon as I built my new rig I discovered that it's not going to be straight forward plug and play, at least not for all applications. I understand that I'm quite lucky as neither my CPU or GPU overheats but I wish it just worked with all games.

Could anyone with RX7900XTX test Caldera and share his performance please. Alternatively maybe one of you know the workaround for me so I can join my friends and play the game. 

Big thank you in advance.

1 Solution

I've tried all thar plus more. It's an AMD driver issue. They admitted it in a post somewhere I read recently in one of their patch notes. I'll post it later. 

View solution in original post

43 Replies
jorgeamd84
Journeyman III

7800x3d + 7900xtx and the same problem, the only "solution" i found is limit the fps via rivatuner to 120 fps, but thats not a real solution, shame on amd, i regret i bought this card, should have bought 4080/4090

0 Likes
knepich
Adept II

Seems like lowering my Ram speed fixed this issue for me.

Lowered from 4400mhz cl17 to 4266mhz cl17

Funny thing is that my 4400mhz is stable in all mem tests and all other games, but seems to cause stuttering fps drops only in warzone caldera

0 Likes
EG1
Journeyman III

I don't know if anyone found a solution to this topic. I upgraded from 3080 to 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+ and I have micro stutters in Warzone 2. I tried a lot of things from reg to Clocks tuning, increasing Min. Clock to 2700Mhz but I still have the same issues. When the micro stutter happens I see that the clock goes from 2900MHz to 2400MHz. I have 1500W PSU, 12700k, 2x16 Trident Z 7600MHz running on stock at the moment, 4K Monitor on 144Hz. I have removed all Freesync, Accelerators etc. I have everything default except the Tuning of clock which really doesn't help. I reinstalled Windows once and I saw that running the game without any other thing installed (like windows updates, Steeleseries app, logitech hub etc) and I didn't have stutters but I tested only 1 game and then started installing all the stuff I needed also the Windows did the update automatically and after that stutters started again. I still don't know what is causing this. But this is really awkward from AMD, how come no Technical Engineer from AMD is helping us on this issue?! All have something like or similar with this high end GPU.

@amd PLEASE HELP or we will not consider anymore AMD, nobody has the time nowdays to deal with these 2010 issues.

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

Just odd. Mine has been dead bang since the day i bought the card. Even better when i put a water block on it. Weird. 

7900xtx ref card, bought day of launch/7800x3d/ddr5-6400

0 Likes