Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TJoyn
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT Not Detected from the Motherboard

Hi everyone.

I am writing this post as I am experiencing problems with my new computer, I premise that all components are new except for the graphics card.

In fact, the latter was given to me on loan by a friend to whom it did not work and he told me that if I could fix it I could keep it (opportunity not to be missed XD, I accepted more than anything else knowing that he is not too experienced and so he may not have tried all possible solutions).

The components I assembled are the following:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X;

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB;

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz C16 DDR4.

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

SSD: Crucial P5250 250GB M2;

PSU: Corsair TX650M;

Case: Corsair Carbide 275R.

The problem arose from the beginning when I first turned on, since at the output of each of the video card ports (3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI) there was no video signal, even if the fan was spinning and the writing RADEON lit up.

So I used an old R9 380 I had and plugged it in, and getting video I downloaded Windows, all drivers and BIOS updates.

Then I installed both cards and took the video signal from the R9 380, and going to see on the control panel I notice that the RX 5700 XT is not detected at all, so I go to the BIOS and in the board explorer the PCI_E1 slot (i.e. the first ) is identified as free.

So I am asking you please if you could help me by suggesting something to do.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
0 Replies