cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

carnage2k4
Adept I

Radeon RX 5700 crashing

Just bought a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 GAMING OC 8GB last month, I'm on the verge of just putting in warranty because I can't play anything with a new $650AU card.
5 minutes into Frostpunk or Worms WMD (the 2 that I'm playing ATM) green screens, then windows restart, or full freezing that requires a reset. Every. Single. Time.
They are UNPLAYABLE.
Sometimes I'll just be on chrome and 1 of my 2 monitors will green screen and not come back till I restart windows.

I've completely reinstalled all drivers and Radeon Software, reinstalled the games.
This only started happening after I updated from my previous card.
I've set my RAM to 3200Mhz.
I've played around with various game and Radeon Software settings.

Nothing seem to have an effect.
This is ridiculous...

Radeon Software V. 20.4.2 

OS SSD: Samsung MZ-V7P512BW 512GB SSD 970 Pro Series M.2 NVME
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz (base)
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 GAMING OC 8GB
MoBo: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Ryzen AM4 ATX
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
PSU: Antec EarthWatts 750W
Screens: Asus VS248 x2
Audio: Logitech X-530 5.1
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
KB: Logitech G910
Headset: Logitech G930 7.1

1 Reply

First off let me say I agree with your feelings on the situation. Far too many of these cards for whatever reason don't work at default settings for end users. There are likely lots of reasons including hardware, software and end user issues.

With browser issues you may find relief by going into the settings of the browser and turning off hardware acceleration. 

While multi monitor support is controlled by Windows itself today, I too have experienced weird issues too. With the same setup with an RX 580 I have issues, then with my 2060 on that setup it is fine. So not sure who is to blame there. 

Lastly, some users are reporting much better stability if they don't use the AMD installer that installs all AMD features and Radeon Setting and game profiles. 

What some users are doing is going to device manager and updating the driver from there. You just point it to where the AMD driver uncompressed on your storage. This will install the driver only. They users are using Trixx or Afterburner to change settings. The bad there is you may not have control on all features of individual game profiles that can be nice to have. 

Only you can decide what trade-offs you want to tolerate. An RMA could be worth pursuing. A exchange or return for another product might also be an option if you are still in the return period assuming you bought this retail. 

As another user I feel you pain and sorry it is happening. We all just want to play games not troubleshoot an expensive purchase. 

0 Likes