cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jean_abraham
Adept I

Radeon-RX-460, stopped providing video in debian 12

Hello, I have a problem with my PC and Debian 12.
Before, my PC worked wonderfully with Debian 12. I had a problem with the graphics and it was its fans, they were very noisy.  I decided to take out the graph and change the oil in its fans and now they are fine, but after putting it in the PC, Debian 12 stopped working (windows works).

When I boot or start a USB with debian 12 live.  This one doesn't give video.  The graphics fans stop spinning.  In debian 12 grub, the video looks fine, the problem happens after entering the OS, or the safe mode of debian 12, it seems to work, but then it doesn't give video and the graphics fans stop spinning.

I have an ASUS am3+ motherboard with PCIe 2.0
I have an FX-8320 processor
A Shappire Radeon RX-460 4GB OC PCIe 3.0 graphics card
8 GB of ram (unknown brand, but it has been used for more than a decade)
The operating system is on an SDD, dual boot with Debian 12 and Windows 10.

Windows 10 works well, and I did performance tests with furmark 1080p, and it works well.  In Debian 12 it doesn't work.

What could be causing this problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies
jean_abraham
Adept I

I decided to try my previous graphics card, the Dell Radeon R5 240 1GB, it worked fine on Debian 12. Then I tried the Shappire Radeon RX-460 4GB OC, and it didn't work on Debian 12.

0 Likes
jean_abraham
Adept I

I tested the graphics on a more modern PC, with UEFI, AM4, Ryzen4, DDR4, and it worked on Debian 12 and Windows.

Then I tried it on my computer and it didn't work on Debian 12, only on Windows.

0 Likes