cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fasencio
Journeyman III

Radeon R7Mx440/445Imposible to load MSFS 2020 - But runs fine on internal Intel 620

I own an DELL Inspiron 5667 Notebook i7 7500 16 Gb Ram Internal Intel 620 Graphics and Radeon R7M440/45 Card

On loading recent Flight simulator MSFS 2020 , the program crashes with Radon Software message "Driver timeout"

Interstingly , the same sotware run fine ( with obvious restrictions ) if selecting "Low power mode - Use Intel 620 card" in Windows 10.

This very strange.

What could be the problem ? I find it very strange.

The Radeon R7m440 has served me fine with lots of Games and Ingenieering software ( CAD 3D design )

I am very confused , and sorry that I can not enjoy this new Flight SIm as I still do with previous FSX

Please, help me with technical explanations that convince me to go buy a new Notebook/Laptop

Thank you

Francisco

Chile

0 Likes
1 Reply

This graphics chip from 2016 will have a hard time keeping up with modern games/requirements. A review:  AMD Radeon R7 M440 - Benchmarks and Specs - NotebookCheck.net Tech

I feel your pain..I just replaced my Sony with a $1300 MSI GL65 Leopard. I can play any game or run any app. Still....$1300 ?