Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Pettri
Journeyman III

Radeon Pro WX 3200 can not get past booting on a Prime X570-P motherboard

Hello everyone,

Bought a new workstation computer in the beginning of this year. Have reused a 10 year old power supply (Corsair 750 W), which works very nicely and after first use of my old GPU Radeon Sapphire HD 4780 I noticed that image was distorted at recomended resolution, besides that GPU is running very hot and is noisy, and old I decided to buy Radeon Pro WX 3200.

I replaced old GPU with the new one and I arrived at the problem new GPU is not able to go pass booting procedure, meaning that windows logo appears and that little circle, showing things are loading, rotates 2 times and then freezes, and after 1-2 seconds computer turns off.

Well I researched stuff on these topics and upgraded UEFI BIOS on the mother board, changed system disk from MBR to GPT. In Windows (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit that is) in program which name i forgot states OS system: UEFI, also GPU card supports UEFI and mobo is UEFI. CSM is enabled in UEFI BIOS. Only way GPU reaches windows is when old GPU card is added and then monitor connected to new card actually turns on. Initially windows OS was set up using old GPU card.

I do not know what else I can do, any suggestions? I have loaded Windows OS several times, but I did not try lets say Windows 8 yet. UEFI BIOS ver. 4002 does not contain a subpage where all PCI-e slots are shown so it would show which PCI-e empty or taken. I can access UEFI BIOS with new card. Will ask my buddy to try this card on his system so I can see if there is a conflict with motherboard.

Any suggestions, please.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pettri
Journeyman III

Well, I do not know what to say, it is one of those things. Decided to try new card  on its own and yea you got it, windows booted straight trough and both monitors light up.

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes