Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

doum33
Adept I

Radeon HD 6850 - QHD on HDMI not working

Hello,

I recently bought 2 Dell S2721D monitors to put in dual screen for more comfort when working from home.
A screen is connected to the display port and comes out well in QHD (2560X1440).
The problem is on the 2nd screen connected to HDMI which only comes out in 2048X1080 max.

I tested the monitor and the HDMI cable on another laptop PC, and it comes out fine in QHD so the cable and the HDMI output of the monitor are well able to come out of QHD.

I then said to myself that the problem was with my graphics card (Radeon HD 6850). However, on the docs, the HDMI output of the graphics card is 1.4a which is therefore supposed to support 4K. The graphics card itself is capable of outputting QHD as there is no problem with the display port. Or is it only capable of outputting full HD + only on display port?

Note that I updated my graphics card drivers (non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27 and amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10 -64bit), and the problem also occurs without dual screen.

I also tried to create custom resolutions, but the custom resolutions option is not visible. I cannot update to the latest versions of AMD software, I have the most recent version supported for the HD 6850.

Can you help me solve this problem please?

0 Likes
4 Replies

You can always purchase a MST Hub and connect both Monitors via DP Port on your GPU Card.

Have you tried to lower the HDMI Resolution frequency to 30Hz instead of 60Hz and see if it works at that lower frequency?

Not sure if a Active HD HDMI>DP adapter will work or not.

0 Likes

Hello elstaci,

I thought about the MST hub but it's very expensive (over 100 €)! At this price I change graphics card.
I have also tried changing the frequencies but the problem remains the same.

I found a couple of European Retailers that sells a MST Hub for less than 100 Euros:

https://rms-store.eu/en/lindy-38427-2-port-displayport-1-2-mst-hub

Screenshot 2021-02-15 072732.png

Also from Germany: https://manhattanproducts.de/products/manhattan-de-displayport-auf-2-port-displayport-mst-hub-207768

Screenshot 2021-02-15 072732.png

Still it is cheaper in the USA then in Europe.

0 Likes

Hello @elstaci,

Thanks to you for your suggestions, I'll think about it if I can't find other solutions

0 Likes