cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

oceancat365
Journeyman III

Radeon Graphics driver crashes when I use handwriting

I can't even find Ryzen 5 5500GT's spec/support page on AMD's website. So I went here to seek for help about drivers.

You can also see more details at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-touch/windows-touch-keyboards-handwriti... .

Writing on Windows' touch keyboard instantly freezes my computer whether I'm using a mouse or a tablet, and by opening Task Manager and looking at current usage I can see that the GPU goes to 100% for a split second. This can cause everything from repeated reboots of Windows Explorer to a GPU driver crash or system bluescreen with stop code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Also, writing on Sticky Note causes the same problem.

If you keep writing while ignoring the freezed screen, Then you will soon hear the Windows pop-up device notification sound. At this time, open the "Performance" tab in the task manager and the GPU will disappear.

The strange thing is that when the GPU stopped working, this problem did not appear again, and the entire computer was no longer stuck when using handwriting. It's just that my computer doesn't have any animations and the framerate is very low.

When I opened AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition I got this prompt:

----------------------------- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Warning---------------------------

The version of AMD Software that you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver.

For infomation on how to resolve this, please go to: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300

---------------------------- OK ---------------------------- -----

My device:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500GT with Radeon Graphics 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.4 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.4780
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0

0 Likes
0 Replies