cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

im_pillowpants
Journeyman III

Radeon 7900xt Black screens

Hello, I just want to be clear that this is going to be the very last Radeon card that I ever purchase. The fact that I am even having this problem is really disappointing. When I play WoW I get a random black screen crash and then suddenly my main monitor shuts off and is not recognized by the display port. I have to power down the monitor and then turn it back on. Occasionally, it will come back to the game... other times it will be a critical error that crashes the game. 

It is a brand new computer and this is the only game ive had any issues in but it is also my main game. People suggest buying a new display port cable and stuff... but im using the one provided to me by the brand new monitor I purchased. I highly doubt that it is not capable of running the monitor properly. 95% of the time it works totally fine. But that 5% is always during something important in the game like in the middle of combat. I'm annoyed by it.

Other than that, I mean, I love the card. Its price to performance is fantastic but I upgraded from a 12-year-old 1070 lol but you know what... that 1070 ran perfectly. I never ever had any problems with it. Ever. Unfortunately the 7900xt is giving me problems that imo arent really acceptable. I basically feel like I was sold a card that doesnt work right. No, I didnt get the warranty which was a mistake I guess... my bad for giving them the benefit of the doubt. It seems like a LOT of people are having the same issue and the solution to fix it isnt guarunteed at all. I cant figure out if it's like a setting or something in the game... if its because I have 2 monitors hooked up that run at different refresh rates and resolutions... it certainly wasnt a problem on my 1070. 

Should I try using a different display port on the back of the card? does it matter what configuration they are plugged in? I wouldnt think that would matter because ive never heard of that before. But maybe I should always plug in left to right, or right to left? Hoping a random patch comes along sometime and fixes the issue. And yes, all the drivers and motherboard are up to date according to their respective softwares. One thing I did to try and fix the problem was use 2 seperate 8 pin connectors. I originally had it daisy chained but that was one of the suggestions to fix it. But I still have the same issue. And if I have to keep doing this sort of stuff then I'm just simply never going buy or recommend the Radeon cards to anybody. It only happens in WoW so far and ive played like a dozen games. It makes more sense that it would simply be a setting I have turned on that it doesnt like... or possibly an addon? But like...  I'm not going to not play with my add-ons just to get my card to work. That's kind of BS and not fair. Like I said it works 95% of the time but that 5% is always a really important 5%. I dont like it at all. If you can't tell.. im really fed up with it happening.      

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Paragon

So you have a brand new system, new monitors, new cables and everything, and because you have an issue in a single game you automatically blame the graphics card and post here swearing you will never buy another AMD card, then expect everyone to help you troubleshoot?

Why don't you start by posting the system specs, then list what BIOS versions and driver versions you're running, and any other troubleshooting steps you've taken.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes