cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lys1980
Journeyman III

Radeon 7900 XT crashing on Cyberpunk 2077

I am experiencing frequent crashes while playing Cyberpunk 2077 v1.61 with a new Sapphire 7900 XT reference model. The other specs are Ryzen 3600 CPU, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 with the latest update. I have already performed a driver reset with DDU, but the problem remains.
When monitoring with GPU-Z, I noticed that the crashes occur when the GPU clock reaches around 2850 MHz, but this is strange because I haven't set any overclock on the card. The problem occurs with both RT enabled and disabled, in both 4K and 1080p resolution. Memory clock is around 2480 MHz.
I have performed numerous stress tests with 3DMark and the GPU clock never exceeds 2500 MHz with 100% GPU usage, as per the card's specification. The GPU and hotspot temperatures never exceed 74 and 90 degrees respectively, so I think they are operating in the acceptable range.
Could it be a driver issue? Is it normal for the GPU clock to reach that frequency?
Thanks to anyone who can help me

0 Likes
2 Replies
lys1980
Journeyman III

I have tried to set the maximum GPU frequency at 2750 MHz in Adrenalin software, run Cyberpunk again, but it crashed when GPU clock reached 2875 MHz. So the question is: why Adrenalin sw can't save my frequency settings?

I'm attaching GPU-Z statistics for reference, where you can notice a spike suddenly before the game crashed

cyber_crash.jpg

0 Likes
TurboBlimp
Journeyman III

I'm having a similar issue with cyberpunk with a Gigabyte 7900XT, 7900 non-x, 32GB RAM, Windows 11 @ 4k. Runs smooth for 5 sometimes 10 minutes and crashes back to windows. Assumed it was a driver issue but even with the most recent updates the game still crashes...

0 Likes