Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

malc
Journeyman III

Radeon 5700 with Razer Core X chroma not detected on XPS 13 7390

Hi 

I have a new XPS 13 7390 with i7-10510U, 16GB RAM and all the standard laptop specs. I tried to install the AMD Radeon 5700 via Razer Core X chroma using Thunderbolt but the AMD adapter is shown with error in the device manager, therefore not detected by the AMD Radeon settings.

I made two attempts, each on a fresh Windows installation with all necessary drivers, firmwares, BIOS and updates installed beforehand.

I also tried to remove all traces of AMD driver settings with Revo uninstaller and DUU in safe mode.

Could anyone please shed some light?

Thanks in advance!

Malcolm

2 Replies
creonc
Journeyman III

I've got the exact same issue with the AMD Radeon Vega 56. I've tried all the above steps with the exact same laptop.

Receiving "Code 12 Not enough resources" issue.

Dell Support is not very helpful as they claim this is a peripheral issue.

Have you had any luck since posted?

0 Likes

Hi,

After much delving into the device manager and the resource allocation. I found that dell XPS machines have a UEFI setting that needs to be enabled to allocate the correct logical PCIe port to be assigned to the graphics card. Every time the card is disconnected from the system the PC needs a reboot to re-connect.

Take a look under the Thunderbolt section once in the UEFI and enable some options. I can't remember what is it but it should be straight forward enough.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes