cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

forkwny
Adept III

Radeon 23.7.2 drivers - broken dual -source blending (affects Dolphin)

The new 23.7.2 drivers have broken dual -source blending within Dolphin, which is a fairly niche feature that Dolphin uses for correct emulation. As a result of this driver issue, graphics won't render properly when using Vulkan as the Graphics back-end. Not sure which other graphics applications or games might be affected by this bug, but I would presume more than just Dolphin is affected. Hopefully this gets fixed asap.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 24H2
3 Replies
TheDarkgg
Adept II

Still the same problem with 23.10.1 drivers.
Vulkan is broken with Dolphin (GC and Wii games), game elements are not displayed correctly.

Forced to switch to OpenGL.

0 Likes
TheDarkgg
Adept II

It was a dolphin hack that caused the vulkan bug in version 23.7.2 of the AMD driver.
The bug has been patched with the latest "dev" versions of Dolphin.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-vulkan-back-end-broken-latest-dev-builds-perhaps-by-newest-amd...

Agreeing with the most recent post (before mine). The reason for that Vulkan bug had to do with a "hack" that was coded within Dolphin which supported Windows 8. This hack caused major issues when Vulkan was selected as the graphics back-end. The Dolphin developers have since removed this hack. This was a Dolphin issue rather than an AMD driver issue. That being said, I have had NO issues with Vulkan as the graphics back-end in Dolphin, since that hack was removed.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 24H2
0 Likes