i am experiencing problems with my graphic card

AMD radeon  TM R7 M360

i couldn't install the driver under windows 11 pro 64bits

in the device manager it shows error code 43

i wait for your answers

0 Likes
3 Replies

your GPU card I presume is in a Laptop?

Either way there are no Windows 11 AMD Drivers for your legacy or non-supported laptop GPU. The last driver for your DGPU is  from 06/2021: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r7-series/amd-radeon-r7-300-series/amd-radeon-r7-...

BUT If you have a AMD APU Processor than you must download and install the last APU Integrated Graphics driver which will install both the GPUs in your laptop.

If the AMD APU Processor AMD Driver is older (2015/2016) than you have no choice but to install that driver since the 06/2021 won't be compatible with your APU's integrated Graphics. Unless your APU also has the same last AMD Driver date from 06/2021.

If you have an Intel APU Processor then you must make sure all of your Intel Drivers are the latest version especially your Intel VGA and CHIPSET drivers besides having the latest BIOS installed.

Also you Laptop Windows must be fully updated via Windows Update.

If the Windows 10 Drivers doesn't work in Windows 11 then you are out of luck unless the Manufacturer create Windows 11 compatible graphics driver for your laptop.

0 Likes

thank you for your reply

i really apreciate the time that you spend to give me such interesting details

Do you advice me to return back to windows 10 with the last updates? 

as you say, yes my graphic card is in a laptop as a second one

my cpu is i3  5th generation 

if i return back to windows 10, i will not face the same problems right?

0 Likes

Well if the last Windows 10 AMD Driver (06/2021) installs & works in Windows 11 then you should be okay. 

Since you have an Intel APU Processor you must make sure that all of your Intel drivers are the latest to make the AMD Driver to run correctly.

I would at least make sure the latest Intel driver for your Intel Graphics and CHIPSET are the latest plus have the latest BIOS version installed.

You can use your own Laptop program to update all your drivers or use Intel's own driver updater.

Also your laptop must be fully updated  via Windows Update.

If you still are having issues with installing the AMD Driver from 6/2021 than I suggest you install your Laptop Support AMD Drivers which are 100% compatible with your laptop

First delete the AMD installation folder at C:\AMD and download the full AMD Driver package from both AMD & your laptop's Support site.

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet/wifi disconnected to remove the current AMD driver. Once DDU reboots back into Windows run your AMD Installer again. afterwards again delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD.

But if that doesn't work I would make a System Backup of your Windows 11 drive and then install Windows 10 again and see if everything starts working again.

if that doesn't work then you can reset your Laptop back to the way it was when you first purchased it and see if everything works. Then start updating all the Intel Drivers THEN the AMD Driver.

If it doesn't you can always restore the Windows 11 System Backup image back onto your laptop.

NOTE: Try running your Laptop's Support Diagnostic on your laptop to rule out any hardware or software issues.