cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Adept I

[R7 6800U] Multi-threaded VULKAN application failure

Hello expert,

I found an issue in graphics application programming. The 3D API is VULKAN.

I have a HP notebook equipped with AMD R7 6800U, 16GB DDR5 4800. Win10 22H2, 64bit.

I write and debug the application by code-blocks IDE 20.03 for Windows, with prebuilt Mingw-w64 compiler. It is just a multi-threaded rendering demo. I only used the multi-threaded code to create and update the command buffers. When the application runs up, I can only see the black background, and no 3D objects display on the screen. The validation layer had been enabled, but no error or warning information. Another fact is that the same application executable binary can run normally on Intel 7th and 11th Gen CORE i5 with integrated GPU. I had tried to update the GPU driver to the latest version, but no help. Can you provide me multi-threading demo which had been verified on AMD GPU? Thanks very much.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Thanks.

I have many VULKAN based application demos developed on this AMD platform. And the demos which do not use multi-threading can run very well. I am sure that all the API calls are strictly checked. The synchronization is also OK because the command buffers are different buffers. They are allocated separately and they are queued one by one.

Can you tell me how to post this ticket to the developer forums or community websites? Maybe I have no access now because I am a newcomer.

0 Likes
Adept I

Thanks.

I have many VULKAN based application demos developed on this AMD platform. And the demos which do not use multi-threading can run very well. I am sure that all the API calls are strictly checked. The synchronization is also OK because the command buffers are different buffers. They are allocated separately and they are queued one by one.

Can you tell me how to post this ticket to the developer forums or community websites? Maybe I have no access now because I am a newcomer.

0 Likes

You need to get whitelisted for Dev. community.

Go to 'Communities > Developers > Newcomers Start Here'. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks. I've posted there.

0 Likes