cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nikkiitoo
Journeyman III

Problems with AMD Radeon R7 M260 graphics

Hello! Today I want to talk to you about a problem with my HP 15-P203LA laptop, I am going to go directly to the problem, my computer has an integrated graphics card and a dedicated one, the problem with this is that the dedicated graphics card (An AMD Radeon R7 M260) does not It works, I see that it has its drivers installed correctly but it does not work, its use does not appear in the Task Manager or anything, I tried thousands of drivers, both from AMD and those provided by HP, none of them work, they all fail in the same way , they leave the graphics unusable with an error, Windows stopped this device because it reported problems (Code 43) I also tried both with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, neither one of the two works well, it should be noted that I have the updated BIOS, to its latest version (F.46) I have seen that many people with integrated AMD graphics and a dedicated AMD card have these problems and cannot find a solution, what do you recommend to do to solve this and make my dedicated graphics card work?

I leave you the specifications of my laptop:

Microprocessor: AMD Quad-Core A10-4655M APU @ 2.0 GHz up to 2.8 GHz

Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M260 and AMD Radeon HD 7620g

Installed Ram: 16Gb 2 Slots

Hard drive: 1TB

One more thing, Windows at first leaves me some drivers that do not appear with error 43, but the graphics do not work, and when I try to install AMD or HP drivers, it gives error 43

0 Likes
1 Reply

First the only AMD driver you can install in your HP Laptop must be compatible with your AMD APU Processor A10-4655M and not the one compatible with your R7-260M GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-4655m-ra...

So you have a choice of either the 2015 or 2016 AMD driver and no other version.

The reason why because any AMD driver newer than 2016 won't be compatible with your HD7620G IGPU thus the latest AMD Driver for the R7-260M is from 2022 and not compatible with your IGPU HD 77620G.

Unfortunately, Your AMD APU Processor is way older than your R7 GPU card. I suggest you install the last HP OEM AMD Driver for your HP Laptop and leave it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-pavilion-15-p200-notebook-pc-series/model/7805242?sku=K8N47L...

15.201.1101.0 Rev.A

• 428.6 MB
  • Sep 7, 2015

If you require a new driver than you will need to update your Laptop to one that is support by AMD driver updates.

NOTE: Make sure to use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting C:\AMD folder before installing the 2015 or 2016 AMD driver otherwise it might get corrupted by the newer AMD drivers in the C:\AMD folder.

0 Likes