Graphics Cards

inzejn
Adept I

Problem with detecting new gpu

New GPU not detected

System spec : 

Motherboard and Bios version : ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING , BIOS Version 5302
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
RAM specs : 2X8GB Kingston Predator 3200 (KHX3200C16D4/8GX)
OS version : Windows 10 pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
SSD drive : GIGABYTE GP-GSTFS31240GNT AND BIOSTAR S100 + 2 HDD
PSU : GiGABYTE 750GM

At the moment i use ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 4GB it work's perfectly fine, i wanted to upgrade system so i bought ASUS DUAL RX6600 V2. My system simply doesn't see RX6600 for some reason, im more then sure that is some bios settings but im not sure wich one. I tried same gpu on other motherboard, even its older motherboard ( ASUS H81M-C 2X4GB HYPERX KINGSTON, INTEL G3450, RAIDMAX COBRA 600W, 2HDDS) and it worked pefectly on first start. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Did you uninstall the AMD driver that you were using for the RX 570 and installed the RX6600 AMD driver by any chance?

Here is the latest RX6600 AMD Driver which is not compatible with your RX 570 GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6600-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

The latest RX 570 AMD driver shows that it isn't compatible with the RX6600 GPU card.

If you uninstall the AMD driver using DDU and deleting, if applicable, C:\AMD installation folder and boot up you should get video output in Windows which is using its native MS Basic Display Adapter video driver.

If you get no video output at all during POST see if there are any Motherboard Trouble LED lights lit up or Digital trouble codes which would indicate that BIOS stopped the boot up process due to a hardware issue.

Make sure you have all the GPU card's PCIe power cables connected from the PSU to your GPU card.

0 Likes
inzejn
Adept I

I cant even boot. I got white led indicator on motherboard. That indicates problem with gpu communication

You do have the Asus GPU card 8 Pin Power cable from the PSU connected, correct? if not that is your problem.

How is your monitor hooked up to your GPU card and are you using any adapters to connect your Monitor?

Try using a different monitor and see if you get video output.

Are you able to get video output to enter BIOS by any chance?

when you install the RX570 everything works normally correct?

0 Likes

8 pin connected, gpu does spin fans for 10 sec then i get led light indicator on mobo! When i install 570 again all good! 

I read one thread here at AMD Forum where their latest AMD GPU card wasn't recognized until the User set in BIOS settings PCIe 4.0 from PCIe 3.0.

You might want to try that setting in BIOS the PCIe lane where the GPU card is installed to PCIe 4.0 and see if it works or not.

Also see if it is recognize on a different PCIe x 16 slot on your motherboard. The first PCIe x 16 slot is controlled by your processor while generally the second PCIe x16 slot is controlled by AMD CHIPSET drivers.

0 Likes