Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sharpxe
Adept I

PowerColor RX 6600xt Hellhound no Display Signal During & After Driver Install

Hi,

I recently received an RX 6600xt Hellhound and lost video signal (no signal flashing across TV screen) during driver installation. I let it sit for 10-20 mins and rebooted. It would get to the Windows logo screen then lose signal again. Unplugged and power drained system and rebooted, finally got signal. Ran Haven benchmark for around an hour with no issues. Shut down and went about my day. Upon rebooting, same issue--no signal. I then booted into safe mode and can get to my desktop. Use DDU to uninstall driver then reboot and again am able to get desktop with no driver installed. Now Windows tries to install a driver and I lose signal again. I've seen a few other threads with similar issues but didn't see a concrete fix.

System Info:

CPU: Intel i7 2600 (non-k)

GPU: 6600XT Hellhound

PSU: CORSAIR TX-M Series TX550M

Any help is appreciated

-Sharp

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like to say that, but a minimum of 650 watt power supply is specified for the graphics card, as is the case with my RX5700XT. I have a 750 watt gold + power supply, if you save here, you will probably have problems. When booting the PC, full load is given right at the beginning, probably to test whether there is enough power.

0 Likes

With respect, I do not believe this is correct. This is a 6600XT and the minimum requirement from the website is 500W. Max power draw is 160W. The 550W gold rated psu that powers the system should be adequate. It currently runs a 1070 with no issue and they both have similar power draw. Again the issue is during driver install not boot. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are partly right, Konrad specifies yours, a 128bit, with 500 watt power supply. But with Alternate, comparable ones with a 650 watt power supply are given. Weird, is not it ?

0 Likes

Can’t speak to specification differences however, the card has a single 8 pin and the system doesn’t pull more than 400W from the wall.