cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Donphonics
Journeyman III

Powercolor Fighter RX 6700XT Crashing on any Game

I recently installed a 6700XT and the issue is Every game that isn't old and in 2d is crashing with a "dxgi error device removed". 

The steps ive taken so far
Driver update/downgrade
New PSU
Switched from auto to gen 3 pcie
Disabled SAM
Memtest 86 3 passes with no errors
Fresh install of windows 11 
Bios Update for mobo

It Took me a while to get it into the PC so i am now past my date of return I have also Sent it in once for RMA now as it wouldn't post before My old card RX 5600XT works perfectly fine mines the performance Any suggestions? Thanks!

Specs
B550M Aorus Elite V3
AMD 3800x
32 Gig Team Group RAM @3200mhz
850 Seasonic PSU
Everything is running off of SSD

0 Likes
3 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, try the below regedit method to check if the problem fixes, else could be a hardware issue.

- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box
- Navigate to path
   Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- Select GraphicsDrivers, right-click it, choose New, then click DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name the DWORD as TdrLevel.
- Double-click TdrLevel, and change the Value data to 0
- Click OK, then reboot your computer

If still exists, try booting with 1 memory module. Not sure, sometimes a faulty RAM can cause it too.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I did try this previously. Unfortunately it didn't work.

0 Likes
addiepie79
Challenger

pretty sure this is a windows browser issue had it happen to me there would be white flashing going on usually during YouTube sessions and I thought it was a AMD thing so swapped to my 3080 and it persisted so if I remember right I did some things with hardware acceleration and switched to chrome but it's been so long I could be wrong as I remember something about overlays in steam too so check into all this should get you in the right direction 

Adam J Martin
0 Likes