Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BroBeans
Journeyman III

POTENTIAL FIX FOR 7900XTX DRIVER CRASHES WHILE PLAYING DIFFERENT GAMES

Hello!

I have since July when I bought 7900 xtx been having issues with games crashing, and it saying driver timeout/ crash. this mainly being while playing Destiny 2 and new releases.

I found something that worked for me and have not crashed now in 2-3 weeks in anything and it's been super smooth. 

1. Open Registry Editor

2. Press CTRL+F and make sure Keys, Values and Data all have a checkmark

3. Search for EnableULPS ( this could take a while to find )

4. Change the Value of EnableUlps and EnableUlps_NA from 1 to 0

5. Happy gaming if this worked for you like it did me! 

2 Replies
joshimck
Adept I

Out of curiosity what does the achieve? I’m also having 7900 xtx issues and when I found the enableulps it gave an error upon trying to edit the value! Just looking for help, appreciate this post!

0 Likes

Hey!

I'm not a giga tech person, but this is basically TLDR from what I've read

"Ultra low power state. A feature that should prevent excessive battery usage but actually all it does is killing switchable graphics laptops, crossfire and single AMD GPU's having issues like black screens, system stuck ups, BSOD's and so on."

that is strange it gave you an error when trying to change the value. all I can think of is checking that the base is Hexadecimal as it is for me, and maybe restarting pc and trying again.

I don't know why this change helped, it just somehow worked for me and a few of my friends

EDIT: this is what I got from Microsoft when trying to google your issue.
"Right-click on the "regedit" program and choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu. User Account Control (UAC): If you are already running as an administrator, but still getting the "Access Denied" error, it might be due to User Account Control (UAC) settings. Temporarily disable UAC and try again."

0 Likes