cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CrossHyparu
Journeyman III

Possible Driver Issue?/OBS

I've been having a strange problem and I'm not exactly sure if it's due to the GPU driver, Windows, or OBS. The problem I'm having appears to be hardware scheduling which i know is not a thing with this card in Windows, but this is the only thing I can think of. This is really only happening when OBS is open, where if I click on the game screen my other two monitors get pretty choppy. This isn't even when running a stream or a recording, just the opening of OBS triggers this issue. If I click on any of the screens or apps other than the game screen, the problem goes away. My GPU utilization hangs anywhere from 90-08% with VRAM at around 11.5. This is normal usage I've had in the past which did not yield any issues, so I don't think this is the issue. All other temps and usages are well within normal operating ranges.

The suspected culprit of this problem is an MS Windows security but I don't remember what date. I want to say it was maybe the 12th or 13th and this is when the problem began. My thought is there is some sort of issue between Windows and 23.12.1, but rolling back to the previous driver didn't solve the problem either.

I also recently bought a Ryzen 7 5800X3D which was installed on 11/30, and was running a very outdated BIOS  which limited RAM which I thought was the problem. This wasn't the fix but wanted to provide that context

These are the fixes I attempted which either made the problem worse, or did not improve performance:

1. Updated BIOS to 3404 from 2803.

2. Rolled back GPU drivers

3. Rolled back from OBS 30 to OBS 29 and 28

4. Reinstalled GPU drivers

5. Turned off Game Bar/Game Mode. 

6. Ran OBS as Administrator

7. Full reinstall of OBS 

8. Checked for all driver updates and installed as necessary

9. Probably something else I can't remember because I've been at this problem for nearly 3 weeks 

Other than doing a Windows reinstall, which I doubt will fix the problem, I am at a complete loss as to what other things I can try. I'm effectively waiting for AMD to drop another driver update which I feel like may come relatively soon since 23.12.1 is nearly 2 months old, but I know AMD can be pretty slow with rolling out drivers.

If there is something I am missing please drop it below, I'm open to just about anything at this point if I haven't already tried it.

Specs

6700XT

Ryzen 7 5800X3D

32GB RAM 3200mhz

ASUS B550 Prime Plus mobo

1050W PSU

0 Likes
0 Replies