cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

riplilpump69
Journeyman III

Poor performance on 6700XT while playing CS:GO

So I just upgraded from rx580 8GB to rx6700xt(gigabyte eagle) And when I used to play CS on my old gpu, fps was around 250~300, but after upgrading I only get max 80, it even drops to 35 sometimes. The thing is that all the other games that are way more graphically demanding work just fine, like witcher 3(ultra),Black desert online(remastered) etc. I mean like ~ 144 fps type fine. I tried DDU, reinstalling drivers, updating windows(using windows 11), updating chipset drivers, reinstalling game, clearing steam userdata. Maybe somebody is having the same problem? This card should get way more than 400 fps Specs : mb b450 , 16GB ram 3000mhz, r5 3600, 650w power supply, rx6700xt.

0 Likes
7 Replies
criticaluser
Adept I

Well, I'm not a connaisseur of either your particular hardware or your games but a modern PCIE Gen3 GPU like the 6700 needs embedding in your mainboard. You could try to refresh the BIOS settings by loading the optimum defaults and then fine tune the BIOS to your desire. It's not a guaranteed remedy but you should give it a go.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Maybe you have vertical synchronization enabled, or some kind of setup in amd adrenaline? The performance of your CS GO system should be 300 fps + - and the card should be loaded from 50% and above. Try to delete the game completely and download and install it for free (preferably delete the file with the settings too C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg video file is the steam version).

0 Likes
Chester1994
Challenger

I have an RX 580 4GB on Windows 10, and also have issues with CS GO and the latest drivers. Everything began with drivers 22.3 if I´m not mistaken.

There is a weird issue in CS GO's console that says "SteamNetworkingSockets lock held for X ms (Performance Warning)". With the older drivers, my game freezes only when that X is bigger than 1000ms. With 22.3 and above, my game freezes every ms that the game wrote in the console.

I simply rolled back to 22.1.2.

In your specific case, if rolling back doesn't work, I would suggest a clean Windows 10 install, mainly because Win 11 and AMD have shown some issues in the past.

Leonardion
Adept I

I would try DX11 first. Then I would not play on low everything because the lower the settings the more you use your CPU. Activate any monitoring app and see how high your CPU and GPU load while gaming is.

0 Likes
riplilpump69
Journeyman III

it appears that I connected it to pcie2.0 slot instead of 3.0 one. That was the issue for csgo :)))) thanks everyone for help tho

Alexa22
Adept I

same issue

0 Likes

Same here. I get a lot of frozen frames with my RX 580 4GB for some reason. Even with this older driver. A friend of mine also has some issues with an RX 580 8GB. I don´t know exactly if this is CS´s fault or AMD´s fault. I´m trying to figure it out.

0 Likes