cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sabyseo
Journeyman III

PLEASE HELP! RX 5700 XT with RYZEN 5 3600 Low GPU usage in Every Game

this is an odd one because when i benchmark in 3DMark or Heaven its all good GPU usage is 99-98 but when i enter a game it never goes up to 90s it always stay around 50-80

its causing alot of fps loss and radeon graps are unstable and all over the place please help i am thinking about RMA ing it

( What i have tried )

DDU - i have used this several times now

Tried 20.4.2 - 20.8.3 - 20.11.2 - 20.12.1 and even the newest Pro Driver !

Re installing the Windows 10

Nearly everything i saw online

Tried diffrent power plans

No i don't have any FPS Limiters on 

AMD please help! this is driving me crazy  RMA process can take months and i dont even know if my GPU is faulty or some other hardware and i  very much need this computer i am studying, is there anything i can do to solve this problem?

0 Likes
17 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

what games are you playing?

if 3DMark works fine than everything should work fine - except you have software like old MSI Afterburner or Trixx etc, that tampers with your driver

do you run Win10 20H2?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply i dont have any old software like that because i re intalled windows i do have msi afterburner but its same without it there are no updates available for win 10 so i guess im on the latest one i check the performance of the games i play on my card from youtube they dont have any issues and i do its weird

0 Likes

Which 5700xt card/monitor/games specifically are you using, I recently followed some guidance to nearly triple my FPS.

Maybe I could help.

Basically I just installed CoD Warzone, it's only my 2nd game. The 1st was a JRPG that only needed 60 FPS. I was really frustrated playing after a few hours of Warzone @ 60 FPS and searched for better settings on youtube. Specifically I changed the latest Adrenaline settings and game recommendation settings from a respected streamer and I went from 60 to 105 FPS then I changed a game specific file and increased to 165 FPS which is the maximum refresh rate of my monitor. YMMV

0 Likes

My card is Raw ii Ultra and i also apply the settings that would give me a FPS boost from a youtuber but my problem is not that, my problem is Low GPU Usage in games that effects my FPS, games dont use 99 or 98 of Gpu as they should they use like 50-80 and  stat graphs in radeon software are very unstable and weird looking 

0 Likes

Türksünüz sanırsam başka ne yapabilirim bir fikiriniz varmı ?

Is there anything else that you recommend me to try ?

0 Likes

If a specific game is only using(requiring 50-70%) of you GPU, then you are not bottle necked there. If a game is @ 98/99% all the time this is when your GPU is not up to the tasks that a game/software is asking for.

Low GPU usage is generally a good sign, that your GPU is capable of maintaining all tasks it's being asked to accomplish. 

0 Likes

With regards to graph cycling, your GPU is going to alternate frequency in order to maintain best cooling/operating conditions. It will ramp up and scale down during game play, you should notice a significant drop say when you are in between a gaming lobby and actually playing the game. It is normal!

0 Likes

My cooling is good and it has nothing to do with that and its not normal i am not talking about lobby to game changes  I play mostly Triple A Games and it causes massive FPS loss its so unstable that it makes the game boring and unplayable its not normal i check the benchmark of the games that i am playing and other people are not experiancing the problems i have 

0 Likes

and in game menus GPU usage ramps up to 99-98 but when i load in to the game its always 50-60-70-80 

0 Likes

did you bought your GPU used?

did you used the more-power-tool?
did you modified the bios?
did you do a clean install after DDU in safe-mode?
did you reinstalled your Win10 in version 20H2?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

No no no(ram overclocked XMP)yes many times, probably yes there are no new updates available so i guess im using the latest windows

0 Likes

check if you use the latest windows
disable XMP
force PCIe to 3.0 (not AUTO or 4.0)

ramp up fans to 100% on GPU and see if it gets better

what does 3dmark say?

0 Likes

Unless you are very specific, it is hard to offer any suggestions.

Which AAA game, what are your in game settings, etc.

Otherwise you are only going to get generic help.

For instance my next suggestion would be to start from all DEFAULT settings in your mobo BIOS, your GPU BIOS(current version Adrenaline) because we dont know what you have done to your system!

If I understand correctly, what you want is to set your GPU to run at a constant state of 98/99% on all applications.........

0 Likes

Its 20H2

If i disable XMP my ram will probably bottleneck my rig with XMP on its 3000Mhz but i will try

i already tried to force pci to 3.0

i have a pretty agressive fan curve i dont think i will make any diffrance but will try

everything is fine according to 3DMark usage is around 99-98 system performs as expected with a high score 

0 Likes

Main reason for usage dropping might be your freq/voltage settings. 

I recently played some oc settings to actually get stable clock and about 97% usage on benchmarks. 

If the voltage of your card is too low, it cant use the given frequency given. So it bottlenecks. 

If you change your radeon wattman settings to 1940freq/1100v you will likely get stable results. Of course this is very GPU based so the values might be different for you. 

You also mentioned that this happens only in games and not while benchmarking. Vsync or any other FPS Cap might also be the problem. 

As someone did mention: Low GPU usage is not actually a bad thing. But it also might be true that due this you wont achieve maximum performance. 

If you did find a solution for your problem, im happy to hear. If not then good luck on overclocking/undervolting your card properly. 

0 Likes

For example it looks like this in game at its bestFor example it looks like this in game at its best

In some games its even worse 

i play mostly triple A games 

I also play GTA V but sometimes it goes under 60 Fps with a bleeping 5700xt and Ryzen 5 3600 

0 Likes

I play Triple A Games and it causes massive FPS loss its so unstable that it makes the game boring and unplayable at times its not normal i check the benchmark of the games that i am playing other people are not experiancing the problems i have

0 Likes