cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

miro279
Journeyman III

Performance drop after some time

Hi, maybe you have an idea for me how to further debug this.

I'm running a RX 6900 XT with latest Adrenalin drivers. I benchmarked the system with Cyberpunk 2077 (the benchmark they have in their options), WQHD, RT medium settiings.

Usually I can see average FPS in this benchmark of a little more than 70 fps. If I now just use the system for a while it gets slower, dropping to about 65fps in the same scenario.

This can be resolved by uninstalling adrenalin and installing it again, so this is clearly software related.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this and how to solve it without the re-installation of the driver?

0 Likes
1 Reply
miro279
Journeyman III

I tried to investigate this a little further.  Re-Installation of the driver is not necessary. There is a reset function for adrenalin software which also does the trick.

I also benchmarked the card with BasemarkGPU the effect is viasable there also. Witch a fresh driver I score about 20000 for Vulcan, 19500 with directX12 and 19000 with OpenGL.

directX and Vulcan degrade to about 1000 points less, OpenGL seems not to affected that much.

Reseting Adrenalin brings me back to higher values (after appling custom performance options in adrenalin, I set: max frequency 2650MHz, 1075mV, VRAM fast timing, 2150MHz).

Maybe it's worth mentioning, that after a reset the performance is also is not completlly idetical. This difference is visable but not more than 1-2%

So the question would be: What changes are made in the software just by using the GPU in a game? These changes must be responsible for performance degradation as is is reversible by a reset of the software...

0 Likes