Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Mohittud
Journeyman III

PC Won't start after updating ryzen 5 5600g graphics

Hello

I have gigabyte b450 ds3h motherboard with ryzen 5 5600g integrated radeon graphics 3.90ghz and 16 gb RAM, Win 11 home. 

Every time I update graphics (downloaded from AMD site) or from APP Center (Gigabyte app), my computer won't start. I have to restore the windows every time.

when i try to play games, the game shows to update graphic as it is required opengl 4.3

Please help me what can I do?

0 Likes
3 Replies
radinesh
Staff

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for bring to our notice. In order to assist further, could you please share the following information, so that we can take a look on our side and fix it?

1. Could you please share the entire system configuration details?
  2. From which version of the Driver you started to observe this issue?
  3. Could you list the games you were trying to play but was getting the "update graphics" message?
  4. If you have any screenshots, logs, and/or dumps, do kindly share it. It will be very helpful.

Thanks,

D.

0 Likes
riddly002
Journeyman III

i have the same isue

I just bought a hp 15L  AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz 32g ram, Radeon 6400 graphics card. i have done all the updates to windows11 

when i try an install the chipset and driver when i restart the computer. it will boot but that is all you can do is boot into windows11 you can click on apps but nothing happens, when you right click on empty space to bring up sub menus towards the bottom of the list it will say loading x2. you can not open anything or restart.shut down/switch user. the computer must be hard reset it or pull plug.  reboot and go to safe mode to remove the amd drivers and reboot again to get back t normal windows11 i have done this 2 times now it is something with the amd driver

0 Likes
gabrieljohn
Journeyman III

If your PC won't start after updating the graphics drivers for your Ryzen 5 5600G integrated graphics, it's possible that the update caused a compatibility issue or a driver conflict. Here's what you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Boot into Safe Mode: If your PC is not starting normally, try booting into Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into Safe Mode:

• Power on your PC and immediately start pressing the F8 key repeatedly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
    • Select "Safe Mode" from the menu and press Enter.
  2. Roll Back Graphics Drivers: Once in Safe Mode, you can roll back the graphics drivers to the previous version. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start button and select "Device Manager."
    • In Device Manager, expand the "Display adapters" category.
    • Right-click on your graphics card (or integrated graphics) and select "Properties."
    • Go to the "Driver" tab and click on "Roll Back Driver" if the option is available. Follow the on-screen instructions to roll back the driver to the previous version.
  3. Use System Restore: If rolling back the drivers doesn't resolve the issue, you can try using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state before the driver update. Here's how:

• Boot into Safe Mode as described above.
    • Press the Windows key, type "System Restore," and press Enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system to a restore point created before the driver update.
  4. Boot into Safe Mode with Networking: If you can't boot into Safe Mode, try booting into Safe Mode with Networking. This mode allows you to access the internet, which can be helpful for downloading and installing updated drivers or running diagnostics.

• Follow the same steps as booting into Safe Mode, but select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the Advanced Boot Options menu.
  5. Check Hardware Connections: Ensure that all hardware components are properly connected inside your PC. Check connections for your graphics card (if applicable), RAM, and power supply.

6. Reset BIOS/UEFI Settings: Resetting the BIOS/UEFI settings to default may help resolve compatibility issues. Consult your motherboard manual for instructions on how to reset the BIOS/UEFI settings.

7. Contact Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider contacting AMD support or the manufacturer of your PC for further assistance.

0 Likes