Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Allan_pottss
Journeyman III

PC Shutting Down During Blender Rendering with 6600 XT

Hello AMD Community,

I'm facing a frustrating issue with my PC shutting down before my GPU reaches full 100% usage. I'm using it primarily for graphic design, and I have a client project where I'm rendering a nylon lifting belt product video in Blender. The video includes some animations, but whenever the rendering process nears 90%, the window crashes, and my PC shuts down.

I'm currently using a 6600 XT card. I took the GPU to the shop, and they tested it, saying it's fine. They suggested that the problem might be related to the PSU. I’m seeking advice from the community: Has anyone experienced similar issues with the 6600 XT while rendering in Blender? Should I try using my spare RX 580 8 GB card, or is there a risk it might also encounter problems? Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. For context, the 6600 XT performs well in games like Valorant and COD Warzone, so the issue seems specific to rendering tasks.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Reply
eebiii
Forerunner

You should list the specs of your PC. 

MB, PSU, RAM, CPU, etc...

RX580               6600XT

Pipelines / CUDA cores23042048
Core clock speed1257 MHz1968 MHz
Boost clock speed1340 MHz2589 MHz
Number of transistors5,700 million11,060 million
Manufacturing process technology14 nm7 nm
Power consumption (TDP)185 Watt160 (TGP) Watt
Texture fill rate193.0331.4
Floating-point performance6,175 gflopsno data
0 Likes