Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sonneberg
Adept I

PC not booting after installing AMD Radeon Pro W5500

Hello everyone!

I'm not a native speaker, so sorry for the incorrect english sometimes.

So, I got a problem with 3 Lenovo T340 PCs and 3 AMD Radeon Pro W5500.

Lenovo T340 Specs:
500 Watts PSU;
Intel Core i9-10900K
2x 32 GB DDR4 RAM
M.2 512 GB SSD
Win10 Pro

I installed the Radeon graphics card in said PC and installed the correct drivers. After that, I connected my monitor with the graphics card via DisplayPort. Everything worked just fine, so I rebooted and everything stayed fine. But after I disconnected the main power and plugged it in again, the PC wont boot. I gets stuck when loading UEFI / BIOS.

Now it get's crazy: when I unplug the DisplayPort cable (OR unplug monitor power) my PC boots just fine. And then everything works perfectly. I can also reboot with DisplayPort connected. BUT when I unplug main power and plug it in again and try to boot, it get's stuck again.
Another symptom: I can't access BIOS while the graphics card is plugged in the mainboard.

I'm experiencing this behavior on all 3 PCs and all 3 graphic cards. I even tried different monitors and cables.
I already flashed newest BIOS, installed new drivers, made changes in BIOS. Nothing helps.

Personally, I would just live with the problem and use my workaround (unplugging monitor whlie booting), but this is for my company. So I need a fix.

Anybody has a guess or experienced the same problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for your suggestions. I already tried this on one of those three PCs. Seems like I ran AMDZ Diagnostics on a different one.

But I found the solution: I changed BIOS / UEFI from graphics mode to text mode. Now it works.

I tried this on all three, all three booting perfectly. I even had an untouched PC and tried this and it works.

Thanks nevertheless, you made me look into BIOS again!

Greetings!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

fsadough

Please provide an AMDZ Report:

- Please extract the amdz-v308.zip available from https://we.tl/t-h1Mvd1hUoA
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

Hello,

thanks for your reply! Here's said report: https://we.tl/t-dSkrWJqmUs

Greetings from Germany!

No wonder. Your Intel onboard GPU is still active. I am sure if you connect the monitor to the onboard Graphics you will get a display. 

1. You need to uninstall Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver using either DDU or from Programs and Software in Control Panel
  2. You need to disable Onboard Graphics in your BIOS settings.  

Thanks for your suggestions. I already tried this on one of those three PCs. Seems like I ran AMDZ Diagnostics on a different one.

But I found the solution: I changed BIOS / UEFI from graphics mode to text mode. Now it works.

I tried this on all three, all three booting perfectly. I even had an untouched PC and tried this and it works.

Thanks nevertheless, you made me look into BIOS again!

Greetings!

Hello @Sonneberg 

I am having the exact same issue as you, I have a W5500, and so I was wondering 

how do you change BIOS / UEFI from graphics mode to text mode?

Thanks so much,

Rubstar.

0 Likes

Hello Rubstar,

you need to access BIOS (which was only possible for me when I unplugged the graphics card) and change BIOS / UEFI mode from grapchics to text mode there. It should be in the "systems" or "general" tab.

0 Likes

Thanks Sonnenberg, only thing is I have an AMD socket AM4 motherboard and my bios settings don't have that because I think you have a intel motherboard - is that right?

0 Likes