cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Asperiatic
Journeyman III

PC builder, first time

So, I am currently building my first PC and don't know what graphics cards are compatible with my CPU/MBD. I got a AMD 7 7700 CPU and gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX. I would appreciate some help with this to know what graphic cards are compatible.

4 Replies

Assuming you would be buying the current or recent previous generation of cards, any will work.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Asperiatic
Journeyman III

I saw online some graphic cards don’t work, like the 40 series.

Your PSU is the most limiting factor when considering a video card with your build.  You need enough power to support what is likely the most power hungry component in your system.  But your major concern should be cost and what type of games you want to play with a smooth frame rate.  Many people here have spent $1K or more on the video card, but if you are only running games in 1080p (high definition), you could get away with a $300 video card.  If you want to game at 4K resolution (ultra high definition), then you should consider the $1K video cards and the PSU they require.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
ThreeDee
Paragon

I have the Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX 

I ran my 7950x and 7900XT on it .. it's now in my daughters setup with a 7600 and RX 6800 Gaming OC

I run Samsung RAM on it and have issues when trying to boot, Windows is stable as a roc.. just rebooting can be a booger sometimes

.. had same issues with the same Samsung RAM on my ASRock B650E Steel Legend too .. Hynix based RAM, zero issues .. just an FYI

Run whatever GPU your pocket book will allow. Just be sure to update your motherboards BIOS to latest version

AND make sure your power supply can more than handle whatever you decide to plug into it with an 80+ Gold at least rating

ThreeDee PC specs