cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ghuleh666
Journeyman III

Not sure what to title this, but, need help with competing video cards

So I'm not a total nub but I also don't have a lot of experience with parts - which is why I got a pre-built PC - (I know, I know) but it has an APU - which I never knew was a thing..

And I have a 3060 card as well, not a great card, but, like, it only engages the card when I am playing a game, so sometimes I just chuggggg slowly.
I also keep having issues like static across the screen, sound goes wonky, etc., it acts/looks like the GPU is dying essentially, if I leave it on too long. I cannot leave it on overnight, etc.

So I managed to figure out all on my own, that some games will only see that little baby gpu in the apu and man it just throttles everything.

Do I need to replace the mobo? Is there a way to shut this little thing off? After a year of having it it only recently starting being a jerk. I can't use my speakers or it makes the screen get static, I cant leave it on or it gets static; last night I had a new issue where the sound was literally going in and out like a bad trip at a rave; stuff like that.

Here's what I have:

ASUS ROG Strix R7 RTX 3060 Gaming Desktop; AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, and 128g ram. 

I cant add a label, each one I place is not available here. Im getting flagged for flooding when my post isn't going through, I dunno if this will even post.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Connect your monitor directly to the 3060, disable the 5700G graphics.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
GEM2
Adept II

1. Bios will have option of disable onboard or integrated graphics.  

2. OR you can disable apu gfx through windows device manager .

3. AND Remember to connect hdmi/dp cable to corresponding enabled GFX device. 

4. APU GFX is inside CPU, hence changing MB is not solution. 

0 Likes