cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chuckbuck1
Adept II

No video signal from brand new RX 5700 XT RAW 2

Just bought a XFX Radeon RT 5700 XT RAW 2 to do an upgrade from a XFX RX 580 everything works fine on the 580. Now this is the problem I'm having I have updated the Drivers to the newest also have upgraded BIOS to the newest for a ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming MB so I know that it's not that but then again it could be before I bough the card I did do a search to make sure that it would work with this board and everything I found say yes now the big problem is that I have no video signal coming out from the card to the monitor and I need help with this as I honestly can't afford to put it in the shop to have it done. Well I got a very fast response from AMD Tech Support yesterday that confirmed everything that I had read about the problem This is what was said by them

Dear Charles,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8201018530]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the Email.

Form your problem statement, I suspect that issue might be causing due to the potential hardware failure of the graphic card.

As the graphic card is manufactured by XFX, I suggest you please get in touch with XFX support to claim the warranty.

Thanks for contacting AMD. 

In order to update this service request, please respond without deleting or modifying the service request reference number in the email subject or in the email correspondence below.

Please Note: This service request will automatically close if we do not receive a response within 10 days and cannot be reopened.

If it is not feasible to respond within 10 days, feel free to open a new service request and reference this ticket for continued support.

Best regards,

Padmanab

AMD Global Customer Care

Also send a ticket in with XFX and no response from them so I took it back to where I bought it and they are getting me another one

0 Likes
3 Replies

If you just got it retail then exchange it for another would be my advice. From there your only recourse is to return it is they won't exchange it. If they won't do that then talk to XFX support an RMA may be in order. Yes you would likely have to pay shipping back to them.

If you paid with a credit card and the retailer would not take it back, depending on the program with your card you may have some buyer protection there you could exercise.  

0 Likes

Ty for your response and yes although I agree with you 100% on what you say but having dealt with XFX  before it is very hard to get them to RMA anything that you purchase of their Products even when you do actually put in a ticket with them and you tell them everything ( answering their question's before being asked ) they still turn around and ask the stupidest questions that you give an answer to which shows me that they hire piss poor people for tech support when they don't read anything you say in the ticket. With all of that being said I personally will start buying either Asus Radeon card or MSI. As for returning it Best Buy  usually are very good about standing behind returning and exchanging which they did with no problem and I will have another brand new one on Tues the 10th

And hopefully this one will work and I don't have to stay up all night trying to figure out what is or what I did wrong

TY again for the response and the advise

0 Likes

You are very welcome. I had heard just recently that XFX had apparently changed ownership. I have for years spoke highly of them as I have had several times dealt with their support department and had great service. It is sad to hear the change. I hate to say this and this isn't just the computer world but customer service this day is just a rarity, at least the good kind. The only recent tech service I have had and I know they have gotten some bad press lately too but I had no problem dealing with MSI support on a mother board a couple times. They took a bit long but it was right after covid hit so I think the whole world has been in slow motion. They did take care of things though to my satisfaction. I really am sorry for your troubles, it sucks to spend money and have your purchase not work out. For more of us than not one of these GPUs are still a major purchase and all these companies need to do better with QC and obviously with support when they let their end users down. 

Good Luck and I am glad to have tired to help.

0 Likes