cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

t0jima
Journeyman III

No display with AMD GPUs (Rx 570 or *new* Rx 580) but working fine with RTX 2070 from NVIDIA.

PC not working with AMD GPU, NVIDIA works fine.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: RX 570, RX 580

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500

Motherboard: Gigabyte A520 S2H

BIOS Version: F16

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance

PSU: Cooler Master Atx 650w 80plus Bronze

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 - Up to date

GPU Drivers: Latest

Chipset Drivers: Latest

Similar issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/15m9qws/pc_will_not_work_with_any_amd_gpu/

Description:

AMD GPUs are not working on my system. The only way to make it work is by using DDU and marking the option to unable windows update to install drivers, then, using Windows Basic Display Drivers the GPU works.

If windows try to automatically install a GPU driver, video stops working. If try to install any GPU drivers from AMD, (manual or from Adrenaline) video stops working. NVIDIA GPU (I'm using a RTX 2070 right now as I type) works fine, doesn't matter which driver is install, I just plug in and it work. (basic windows drivers or latest works fine).

The solution for the guy in similar issue was removing a m2. driver. I already tried removing my drivers, one, then the other, and it didn't work. I have a SATA and a NVMe. And again, they work perfectly with NVIDIA GPU.

At this point I don't know what else to do.

I tried everything: reset every hardware unit, CMOS. Updated BIOS, cleaned up AMD drivers, DDU. Fresh Windows install, fresh Linux install.

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Paragon

There are often issues switching from nVidia to AMD even with DDU it may be better to start with a fresh Windows install.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes