cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Gthehalfman
Journeyman III

Newly bought rx 7900 xt cause games to stutter

I bought an asrock rx 7900 xt recently and replaced my rtx 3070 with that. I used DDU to remove the nvidia driver and i installed the latest AMD adrenaline software and driver. I tested a few games on steam and all of them stuttered like crazy despite the high fps (200fps+). The problem only occured in games downloaded from steam. I have tested other games on other platforms like Battlenet, Epic games and EA. All of them ran smoothly and with high fps. I have even tested Apex legends on both steam and EA. The steam version stuttered while EA's version didn't. 

My pc-spec: 

Cpu: i7-13700k

GPU: asrock rx 7900 xt

PSU: Corsair rmx 1000watt

RAM: 2 x 16gb ddr5 

I have tried: 

Connect two different 8pins PCIE cable to my GPU, delete(using DDU) and reinstall the driver(with and without andrenaline), install older drivers, delete steam and every game and reinstall them. 

EDIT: after some testing i have found out that by choosing 1600x900 and window mode, the stutter went away completely. It's not a perfect solution though

0 Likes
7 Replies
ulieq
Adept III

close background windows

0 Likes

Highly doubt that's the problem. I played MW3 with 5 different softwares running in the background and no stutter although the less demanding games like team fortress 2 and cs2 stutter even at the lowest setting.

0 Likes

Are you using the feature "AMD Fluid Motion Frames?"  The only reason that I mention this is that every time that I enable this feature, my FPS goes up nicely but all games stutter with it on. I don't thing AMD quite has this perfected yet. 

0 Likes

The games still stutter whether it was on or off

0 Likes
AMOCO14
Adept II

Try this driver, Ver. 23.30.13.05 Driver,

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-30-afmf-tech-preview

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - ASRock RX 6750XT -12GB. -- G.Skill Ripejaw V (32GB.) (DDR4-3200) - WD Black SN850X NVMe - Samsung 980 Pro NVMe - SanDisk SSD Plus - CORSAIR CX750M 750W - Cooler Master Hyper Halo 212 Cooler- Rosewill Prism S500 Gaming Case - Windows 10 Pro x64 - MSI Optix MAG342CQR - Samsung 27" - Apex 3 Gaming Keyboard - Rival 3 Gaming Mouse - Sound Blaster Z SE
0 Likes

I tried it. Made the stutter worse. Even made the screen freeze. 

0 Likes

Wow sorry to hear that.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - ASRock RX 6750XT -12GB. -- G.Skill Ripejaw V (32GB.) (DDR4-3200) - WD Black SN850X NVMe - Samsung 980 Pro NVMe - SanDisk SSD Plus - CORSAIR CX750M 750W - Cooler Master Hyper Halo 212 Cooler- Rosewill Prism S500 Gaming Case - Windows 10 Pro x64 - MSI Optix MAG342CQR - Samsung 27" - Apex 3 Gaming Keyboard - Rival 3 Gaming Mouse - Sound Blaster Z SE
0 Likes